MHP.MEng
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it worth switching after first year to do the same course but at a Russell group uni in the same city as I’m currently in, this would be in regards to job prospects etc...? Currently studying Chemical Engineering and finding the course a bit too easy, but because I didn’t try hard enough in A-Levels a fact I now regret I find myself in this position.
Last edited by MHP.MEng; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MHP.MEng)
Is it worth switching after first year to do the same course but at a Russell group uni in the same city as I’m currently in, this would be in regards to job prospects etc...? Currently studying Chemical Engineering and finding the course a bit too easy, but because I didn’t try hard enough in A-Levels a fact I now regret I find myself in this position.
Talk to some employers about whether they would have a preference between the two universities.

First year of most degrees is usually quite easy - they have students with all sorts of different qualifications and so first year is just making sure that everyone has the same basic understanding. That is true for chem eng courses at Russell groups too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (42)
28%
1 (23)
15.33%
2 (25)
16.67%
3 (20)
13.33%
4 (9)
6%
5 (14)
9.33%