I can't be bothered to vote no more Watch

Aaron MN
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I was going to vote but after seeing all the lies and crap from every side I cannot be bothered to vote for anyone anymore, is anyone else feeling the same?
tubphonecase
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Who were you going to vote for? And what lies affected that from all the parties?
Aaron MN
Rep:
?
gonna vote labour but I don't trust Corbyn
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Aaron MN)
why?

Most party leader chat drivel; but he clearly speaks the least amount and actually stands for what he beleives in, less can be about most other party leaders. How do you find JC less trust worthy than Boris, Swinson,Farage and the others ??
Last edited by rimstone; 2 months ago
Aaron MN
Rep:
?
(Original post by rimstone)
why?
I just think he will say all this now but will do something different if he got in power also concerned he will completely open the borders and let anyone and everyone into the country even terrorists
tubphonecase
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I just think he will say all this now but will do something different if he got in power also concerned he will completely open the borders and let anyone and everyone into the country even terrorists
He wouldn't be able to do that because he could not pass open-border legislation (as much as I'd like him to) through parliament.
rimstone
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
fair, i doubt he will open the borders, seeing as he isnt massivly for mass free movement of unskilled workers ( hence why he was agiant the EU years ago; and maybe still a little today ). And Tbh all partys say one thing; do another.. I guess its how much you trust they will actually accomplish; and i doubt the lib dems can do much, and the tories will just the set us further into the **** show were heading to.

Also lets be real, unless you like in one of the major UK city, terrosim isnt a worry for you.. the chances of you being harmed by a terroist in the UK are non existant. Always makes me laught when my uni mates from a <5000 pop town are worried about terroist .
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I mean I don’t trust JC either and I don’t like the others at all
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Really?

I disagree with a lot of Corbyn's spending plans and plenty of his views, but untrustworthy is not something I worry about! What lies has he told, exactly?

There are more parties than just Labour and Conservatives though, you know. If you don't want to vote for them vote Lib Dem or Green or sth - they aren't exactly going to win anyway, but let you express your opinion on individual issues e.g. Remain or environment, as per the two parties above. If enough people vote for them, then the main parties might actually pay attention and adjust their own policies.

And finally, even if you don't want to vote for anyone, just turn up and spoil your ballot. At least that way you are recorded as having voted. the problem with no voting at all, is that all the main parties look in detail at who is voting and who isn't. If they see that young people in your area don't bother voting but old people do, then they will tailor all their major policies to benefit older people at the expense of the young. Its in your interest to stand up and be counted, even if you don't actually vote for anyone!
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yea sure

I'm still voting conservative
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I can't even vote so welcome to the not-voting gang I guess.

Though remember, someone HAS to and WILL win. So it's best you just chose the lesser of evils in your eyes in my opinion.
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 2 months ago
Blackstarr
Report 2 months ago
I feel the same partly because I don’t know what’s going on with brexit and what stance do these parties have.

Can anyone explain further please?
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Blackstarr)
I feel the same partly because I don’t know what’s going on with brexit and what stance do these parties have.

Can anyone explain further please?
Breifly:

Conservative - get Brexit done, most likely a 'harder' Brexit with possibility of no deal
Labour - re-referendum, with specific Brexit deal as the Brexit option.
Lib Dem - Remain

Apart from Brexit: Conservatives are proposing to spend loads of money, Labour are promising to spend even more. Lib Dems are actually the most financially sensible this election, it would seem!
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Corbyn spent his life supporting Communist dictatorships around the world, the sort of places where dissent and the exchange of ideas were quickly put in a box when detected, political opponents rounded up and disposed of if necessary. That is just a facet of his character, no more than that.

Us right-wingers understand full well why little things like that are completely ignored and discounted by his supporters in favour of all the mechanised propaganda aimed at them. It doesn't matter to them because they all share the same totalitarian streak and desire to force themselves on the world.
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
Though remember, someone HAS to and WILL win. So it's best you just chose the lesser of evils in your eyes in my opinion.
Wise words.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm not sure I wanna vote anymore either
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you have the ability to vote, and want to vote but nobody appeals to you, spoil your ballot. It shows you've actually gone out and bothered to vote, and shows the parties that none of them won your vote. It's much more productive than doing nothing at all.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Yea sure

I'm still voting conservative
Why not Labour? You'll get free internet :perv:
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Why not Labour? You'll get free internet :perv:
Yippee yoo hay
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
I can't even vote so welcome to the not-voting gang I guess.

why can't you vote? Are you a Romany Gypsy with a criminal record?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (291)
65.54%
No (153)
34.46%

Watched Threads