Edexcel gcse language paper 2 help. (grade 8/9 students wanted)

Watch
Kialo29
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Im doing my gcse edexcel English language mock on Monday (its paper 2).
I am currently getting grade 4/5 but i would really like to get at least a 7 in the mock.Could someone who has gotten a 7 or above (preferably 8/9 but a 7 is fine) tell me what i need to do in the :

1. language and structure question (15 marks)
2.Evaluation questions (15 marks)
3. The comparison question (14 marks)
4. Transaction writing (40 marks)

I know its a big ask but it would be hugely appreciated. Advice is preferably in the form of paragraph structure (ideally not PEE/other extremely formulaic structures, but some formula is fine), and tips for getting high marks in the transactional writing.

Thanks for reading and i look forward to reading any replies.
Tayylor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Kialo29)
Im doing my gcse edexcel English language mock on Monday (its paper 2).
I am currently getting grade 4/5 but i would really like to get at least a 7 in the mock.Could someone who has gotten a 7 or above (preferably 8/9 but a 7 is fine) tell me what i need to do in the :

1. language and structure question (15 marks)
2.Evaluation questions (15 marks)
3. The comparison question (14 marks)
4. Transaction writing (40 marks)

I know its a big ask but it would be hugely appreciated. Advice is preferably in the form of paragraph structure (ideally not PEE/other extremely formulaic structures, but some formula is fine), and tips for getting high marks in the transactional writing.

Thanks for reading and i look forward to reading any replies.
Hi, I’m year 12, and I got an 8 in language and 9 in literature last year, so I think I can help a little (I got a 9 in every language mock but I’m happy with an 8) Basically, my saving grace was Mr Bruff’s English language videos. I watched those ritually every time I had an exam. There is also the YouTuber Stacey Raey (I think that’s how you spell her name) who was really helpful. I recommend also watching student exemplar videos and writing notes on how they structure answers. It’s hard to revise language, but once you have a technique and know the mark schemes inside out, you’ll do amazingly xx best of luck
Tayylor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Tayylor)
Hi, I’m year 12, and I got an 8 in language and 9 in literature last year, so I think I can help a little (I got a 9 in every language mock but I’m happy with an 8) Basically, my saving grace was Mr Bruff’s English language videos. I watched those ritually every time I had an exam. There is also the YouTuber Stacey Raey (I think that’s how you spell her name) who was really helpful. I recommend also watching student exemplar videos and writing notes on how they structure answers. It’s hard to revise language, but once you have a technique and know the mark schemes inside out, you’ll do amazingly xx best of luck
I’m addition, I know you asked for formulaic response tips, but I’d actually advise against this since I’ve been taught exam markers always look for originality and unique writing. However, the YouTube channels I recommend do give good structural tips x
Kialo29
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Tayylor)
Thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (591)
34.02%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.45%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads