The Student Room Group

A-level Spanish- help!

I NEED a B at least, in Spanish and I keep getting D's... not even C's. My teachers are useless to me and haven't told me how to get those top grades or how to revise in general. Someone help please...
Hey, so I'm probably not the best at giving out advice as i haven't taken Spanish but I can give you some ways you could revise:

Like I've been told to make a list of your strengths and weaknesses in the subject. Find what your struggling at and try to improve that. Basically work on what you find hard or are struggling at first and then go on from that.

You could:
- Use flashcards with the English and Spanish terminology on either side.
- Try watching Spanish movies with Spanish subtitles- then you are both reading and listening to the language.
- Get Spanish magazines and translate them into English (vice versa)
- YouTube videos are also a great place to find a lot of different perspectives on the subject (Crash course- is a good one)
- Use Past papers - honestly they're like your best friend when revising

Also with the exams study the layout of the exams-
Find out common questions types and create a layout on how to answer them (Like that PEELZ or whatever its called from English) or find out how the examiners will mark your paper. Its good to know content but if you don't know how to apply it correctly then it could cost you. Like my mate is great at developing websites and graphics but she didn't lay out the assignment correctly which caused her to get a Pass instead of a Distinction she deserved for it.

Look don't overstress about it- the more you stress over your grades it's just gonna weigh down your mental well being. Its great that your concerned but don't focus on what's going wrong but what your currently good at and the improvements you make. Even the small things count. You'll get there eventually just don't doubt yourself.

Anyway hope this helps and good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending