Johnny0206
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi

I started a course last year as an undergraduate but I dropped out in October and the uni received the funding. I’ve now started a new course and realised I don’t want to study my course anymore. If I decide to start a course next year that I know I will enjoy, then will student finance cover that entire course?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Johnny0206)
Hi

I started a course last year as an undergraduate but I dropped out in October and the uni received the funding. I’ve now started a new course and realised I don’t want to study my course anymore. If I decide to start a course next year that I know I will enjoy, then will student finance cover that entire course?
If you have 2 years of previous study then that will mean that first year on a new full time degree would be unfunded. Unfunded means no tuition fee loan - you still get a maintenance loan for all years.

The only way around that would be if you could prove that you left either previous year due to compelling personal reasons.
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Johnny0206)
Hi

Hello,

If you withdrew from your course in October we’d class you as having two years study which we’d take into account when we calculate the finance for your new application.

We fund students for the duration of their course plus an extra gift year; this is minus any years of previous study. We’ll block your tuition fees in the first year of your course but you’ll still be eligible for maintenance support unless you can provide evidence confirming you withdrew from your course for compelling previous reasons. You’ll be eligible for both maintenance and tuition fee support in the remaining years of your course.

Thanks, Erin N.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (53)
27.6%
1 (30)
15.63%
2 (34)
17.71%
3 (26)
13.54%
4 (13)
6.77%
5 (16)
8.33%