Nasty person tried to make me feel below him. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This guy and though I believe he was lying for the most part started giving me abuse as I dared to talk to a girl he liked, right away he laid into me calling me names such as insinuating how poor I was and how he was well off. And outright calling me pathetic for not having a girlfriend etc and when I tried explaining I have aspergers he said that means nothing and I was making excuses.

He went on to claim how hes a chemist and chemical engineer, he does tae kwon do in his spare time, plays chess, expert distance runner.

Oh and how he passed a masters degree in computer programming in 9 months as hes that intelligent, how the mob is after him as hes that intelligent so he had to learn a 2nd black belt and how he works out 3 hours a day.

Yet he lives in a poor area!

Obviously this guy is a bit strange, but in case I have to deal with him again how do I go about it.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent".
Remember that whenever you cross paths with a bully, snob or spiteful liar.

What an insecure jerk desperately trying to disguise his own self-esteem issues by being vicious to other guys and bragging fictional fantasies to girls.
If he carries on like that I doubt he'll have much success in any aspect of his life.
thatonegamer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
God help his crush! He is obviously very insecure if he has to pick on others :mad: Unfortunately, I've accoutered a few people like that during my school life. I don't see any reason why people should be so preoccupied in what other people do or try and take their own problems out on others.

Plus, the comment about asperger's really annoyed me. It seems him dismissing it is just a tactic to make himself feel better about picking on you.

Try and not pay any attention to him. You could shrug it off or just communicate with him that he had no actual need to do this. If he tries to escalate it further if you ignore him etc, it says more about him than you and anyone with sense will see that.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This guy and though I believe he was lying for the most part started giving me abuse as I dared to talk to a girl he liked, right away he laid into me calling me names such as insinuating how poor I was and how he was well off. And outright calling me pathetic for not having a girlfriend etc and when I tried explaining I have aspergers he said that means nothing and I was making excuses.

He went on to claim how hes a chemist and chemical engineer, he does tae kwon do in his spare time, plays chess, expert distance runner.

Oh and how he passed a masters degree in computer programming in 9 months as hes that intelligent, how the mob is after him as hes that intelligent so he had to learn a 2nd black belt and how he works out 3 hours a day.

Yet he lives in a poor area!

Obviously this guy is a bit strange, but in case I have to deal with him again how do I go about it.
Wow; I think you've already established a foundation for why he may have behaved the way he behaved. First of all you aren't pathetic and there's nothing wrong with anyone for being poor or not having a girl friend. He obviously didn't say these things out of the blue; you obviously are a source of competition for him and instead of being civilised he wants to put you down to make himself feel better and deter you from making your moves or talking to whoever you want (which you are allowed to do as she isn't his girlfriend). I'm wondering in what situation did this conversation take place if you could clarify? In general, you can politely let him know to speak to you with a bit more respect (by clarifying what you find disrespectful in the first place) and if he doesn't want to speak to you with respect, then you don't have to fuel or continue the conversation anymore than that. If he wants to point out your supposed 'faults' (which aren't actually faults) you can also highlight especially if the girl is nearby that he is only trying to put him down as he's insecure of his own self esteem in relation to the girl both of you are trying to talk to. Walking away from those situations is as important sometimes as standing up for oneself. I find for me staying out of those environments where people can get away talking to me like that is vital as I feel allergic to them. I would also suggest thinking about who the girl really is and why someone like him is going after someone like her and would she be interested vice versa... I know in the past I set myself up when I went to girls who would go for bullies or bad boys as inevitably I will come across other guys who fit that description who would then put me down selfishly to get what they want. Hope this made sense. You are an awesome dude and that guy has issues, NOT YOU . Hope this was beneficial.
Breeee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay, first off, he's totally lying his head off. I wouldn't believe a word of what he's said. If he'd only said Some of what you said in your OP, sure i'd believe it, but all of that...and the way he's bragging to you, a random person? Absolute lies.
He's lying to you and saying those things because he's insecure and threatened by you.
I'd just keep away from him (my nice way of saying things) and leave it at that.
He's not part of your life, don't let him be.
And remember, he is the one with the issues, not you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (79)
36.57%
I really love the subject (57)
26.39%
I don't know what else to do (28)
12.96%
I can't get a job (15)
6.94%
My parents want me to (5)
2.31%