The Student Room Group

A Level Options Help

Hi, I’m currently in year 11 and I’m struggling with choosing my A-Levels.

At the moment I think I might take:
- Biology
- Maths
- Economics
- AS Art

I think I want to do a degree in economics or something relatively similar, so I’m not sure whether I should do AS Further Maths instead of AS Art, but I don’t think I’d enjoy it, but I do want to go to a good uni so how much of an advantage could it give me?

If anyone could offer me any help, whether it’s how you found one any of the a-levels or which to take I’d really really appreciate it ❤️
No uni requires more than 3 A levels. Do three you like and think you can do well in. If you can be bothered to do an extra AS too, do it in something you enjoy. Don’t do further maths if you wouldn’t enjoy it- you’ll make your life miserable!
Reply 2
okay thank you so much! you do have a point, although i’m most likely going to do an epq, would doing AS art as well as an epq be too much? 😬
As art would just be pointless why do you even want to do it?
Original post by lil_lily__
okay thank you so much! you do have a point, although i’m most likely going to do an epq, would doing AS art as well as an epq be too much? 😬

Yeah I’d probably just do an EPQ. You can still do art as a hobby outside of school!

Quick Reply

Latest