The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Student accommodation as a mature student?

Hey,
So I might be joining Herts when I am newly 25 or 26 (depending what I decide next year!).

Is the accommodation application process the same for someone who isn't 18-22? Would I more likely be put with people of a mix of ages? Like be put with people around my age as well as younger?

I haven't ever been to University before or lived alone yet so I don't feel too different than anyone younger really.

I'm happy as long as I'm with people who are respectful and nice as I'm a bit on the shy side :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
So I might be joining Herts when I am newly 25 or 26 (depending what I decide next year!).

Is the accommodation application process the same for someone who isn't 18-22? Would I more likely be put with people of a mix of ages? Like be put with people around my age as well as younger?

I haven't ever been to University before or lived alone yet so I don't feel too different than anyone younger really.

I'm happy as long as I'm with people who are respectful and nice as I'm a bit on the shy side :smile:

Hi!

I don’t believe the application process would be any different, but I would advise checking that with residential allocations who will be happy to answer any questions you had. You can contact them on [email protected]

You would be put in a flat with people of any age. For example, I am currently in a 12 person flat with ages ranging from 19 to 30, but nobody really notices the age difference. There’s certainly nothing unusual about living in halls at your age. In my first and second years, I also lived with people of your age. Additionally, Herts accommodation is open to all, so it’s not rare to see Masters students who are in their mid-20s living in halls also.

I hope that helps to answer some of your queries. Best of luck with your application! :smile:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

Hey are you still looking for somewhere to stay at Herts university? I have a double room available because I want to move out and need someone to take my place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending