Icykitten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi guys, I’ve got my theory on Monday and I’m still struggling with hazard perception, I didn’t even know this was possible but I keep identifying the hazard “too early” how am I suppose to time it right without using too many flags?
Mona123456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Icykitten)
Hi guys, I’ve got my theory on Monday and I’m still struggling with hazard perception, I didn’t even know this was possible but I keep identifying the hazard “too early” how am I suppose to time it right without using too many flags?
I always tapped about 2-3 times - once when I first saw the hazard, once a couple of seconds later then one more time when it was really clear the hazard would cause the driver to act. Remember you are looking for developing hazards - when a hazard is such that the driver needs to act e.g. by changing speed - so try and think about when a hazard is developing, and don’t just tap whenever you see anything that could be a potential hazard. Try and know common ones (cyclists, horse riders, pedestrians, cars changing lanes, narrowing of a road etc) and search online for free practice clips - try and do as many as possible between now and Monday. Good luck!
Icykitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mona123456)
I always tapped about 2-3 times - once when I first saw the hazard, once a couple of seconds later then one more time when it was really clear the hazard would cause the driver to act. Remember you are looking for developing hazards - when a hazard is such that the driver needs to act e.g. by changing speed - so try and think about when a hazard is developing, and don’t just tap whenever you see anything that could be a potential hazard. Try and know common ones (cyclists, horse riders, pedestrians, cars changing lanes, narrowing of a road etc) and search online for free practice clips - try and do as many as possible between now and Monday. Good luck!
Thank you, this has really helped, also does each clip only have just one hazard that you are being scored on or can there be more than one?
Mona123456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thank you, this has really helped, also does each clip only have just one hazard that you are being scored on or can there be more than one?
You’re welcome. All clips except one will have one hazard, then one clip will have two hazards.
Icykitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mona123456)
You’re welcome. All clips except one will have one hazard, then one clip will have two hazards.
Thank you
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
As above, ONE clip will have 2....but this does mean you need to be aware of it for all 15...don't worry about being a little early, you're supposed to click as soon as you're aware of the potential hazard, not wait until its right in front of you. The software is pretty tolerant...in 3 full attempts I only ever had it disqualify me for overclicking on one question. (still passed that section)
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Personally i think we should modify the hazard perception to be more realistic, just shout 'look at that ***** there!" when people do dangerous stuff.
Icykitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
As above, ONE clip will have 2....but this does mean you need to be aware of it for all 15...don't worry about being a little early, you're supposed to click as soon as you're aware of the potential hazard, not wait until its right in front of you. The software is pretty tolerant...in 3 full attempts I only ever had it disqualify me for overclicking on one question. (still passed that section)
How many clicks is the absolute maximum? I’m so scared I genuinely think I’m going to fail D:
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
How many clicks is the absolute maximum? I’m so scared I genuinely think I’m going to fail D:
I don't know about a max....but deffo don't mash the button, it picks up on that, I'd go with maybe 3-5 tops, i'll have sat through 45 of the damn things and its only pulled me up once.

Try not to stress, the vast majority of the hazards are v obvious, mainly cars/bikes approaching from the sides at speed and people about to step into the road, a couple where it's more random like doors opening in front of you or oncoming heavy vehicles and such.
Last edited by StriderHort; 10 months ago
Icykitten
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for your help, I passed!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.19%
I'm not sure (27)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.55%
I have already dropped out (12)
2%
I'm not a current university student (286)
47.75%

Watched Threads