Gianna24678
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm 16 years old and about to enter sixth form very soon. I'm wildly unhappy in my school and there are little to no other schools that would fit both my and my parents requirements. My parents suggested having me homeschooled and hiring professional teachers and tutors to do so. I find myself a lot more motivated and less anxious when independently learning. Can anyone offer me any advice on whether that would be a good idea or any pros and cons to being taught from home by professional teachers.Thank You.
aw03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a con i can think of is that transitioning into uni is gonna be so crap if you homeschool for A Levels
rileykj4
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As long as you still meet up with friends on a regular basis I see no reason why you shouldn't.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
imo it's probably better because you're getting all the attention from the teacher.
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 1 month ago
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What A levels are you thinking of doing?
Gianna24678
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Compost)
What A levels are you thinking of doing?
Considering I wanna enter a medical field I was thinking, Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and perhaps mathematics.
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I doubt it would be ideal in those subjects. How would you manage with practical in Chemistry or Biology. Is there a 6th form college you could attend even if it means travelling further. That may be a better option.
aw03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gianna24678)
Considering I wanna enter a medical field I was thinking, Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and perhaps mathematics.
it’ll be hard to do biology and chemistry at home especially because of the practicals and just the amount of content that you have to learn. how will you do the practical lessons at home? especially for chemistry when you have to work with dangerous chemicals
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As others have said, you will miss out on a lot of practical experience if you do Biology and Chemistry at home and it is both difficult and expensive to find a centre that will let you take the assessed practicals as a private candidate.
Miss2002!!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm 16 years old and about to enter sixth form very soon. I'm wildly unhappy in my school and there are little to no other schools that would fit both my and my parents requirements. My parents suggested having me homeschooled and hiring professional teachers and tutors to do so. I find myself a lot more motivated and less anxious when independently learning. Can anyone offer me any advice on whether that would be a good idea or any pros and cons to being taught from home by professional teachers.Thank You.
how comes you are starting sixth form very late???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (66)
27.39%
1 (40)
16.6%
2 (40)
16.6%
3 (33)
13.69%
4 (16)
6.64%
5 (20)
8.3%