Zeninh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, guys!

I am an international student and I currently am thinking about changing universities due to personal reasons.

I would like to go to UEA at 2020, and after I have attended the Open Day Event, I knew it was the right place for me , from location to the quality of the courses. I also asked the admissions team about the entry equivalents for Romanian Students and I was told that I am eligible and that I should apply. I have one problem: I have never applied through UCAS , as there was a Local Team that helped me with my application and made the process much easier. Although the site gives me lots of information, I am still a bit worried about the application , as I do not want to mess everything up and maybe have problems from a legal P.O.V.

So, I was wondering if there are any students(international preferably,but all advice is helpful!) who went through this and could give me their help. I would really appreciate this.

Thank you so much!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zeninh)
Hello, guys!

I am an international student and I currently am thinking about changing universities due to personal reasons.

I would like to go to UEA at 2020, and after I have attended the Open Day Event, I knew it was the right place for me , from location to the quality of the courses. I also asked the admissions team about the entry equivalents for Romanian Students and I was told that I am eligible and that I should apply. I have one problem: I have never applied through UCAS , as there was a Local Team that helped me with my application and made the process much easier. Although the site gives me lots of information, I am still a bit worried about the application , as I do not want to mess everything up and maybe have problems from a legal P.O.V.

So, I was wondering if there are any students(international preferably,but all advice is helpful!) who went through this and could give me their help. I would really appreciate this.

Thank you so much!
If you follow the guidance (including reading The help text and ? Text on each page) then you’ll be fine. If you have any specific questions then post them here on tsr and we’ll help
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes we will help you if you have questions but the best thing is just to start an application. UEA Admissions will also be able to offer help on certain things. Some UK applicants are also left to make the UCAS application without much help from their schools, it is possible 😀
Zeninh
Rep:
?
I have already started my application and it is not as hard as I thought, but I do not know what to put about my current uni on “Education”. I haven’t received the results of most of my assignments yet, only one which is a First , so I don’t know how should I proceed.
Last edited by Zeninh; 1 month ago
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have already started my application and it is not as hard as I thought, but I do not know what to put about my current uni on “Education”. I haven’t received the results of most of my assignment, only one which is a First , so I don’t know how should I proceed.
If you put the date of your exams down as May or June 2020, it will be obvious to UEA that you won't have the results yet. If you are applying for entry into Year 1, they will be mainly looking at the exams you have already taken anyway, the ones that got you into your current uni.

You could mention in your personal statement that you got a First in your first assignment but that is the only result you have so far. If you are asking your uni personal tutor for a reference, they could also mention it as evidence that you are coping well with degree level study.
Zeninh
Rep:
?
I am kind of worried about asking my tutors for help with applying to another university. Idk how helpful will they be, since I am thinking about using their help so I can leave their university lol...
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am kind of worried about asking my tutors for help with applying to another university. Idk how helpful will they be, since I am thinking about using their help so I can leave their university lol...
I understand although I think your tutor would have be professional about it. But you ask your old school which is what my son did when he dropped out of one uni and applied to a different one
Zeninh
Rep:
?
I already have the reference letter from my former HS teacher,but idk how to upload it.. UCAS says that they need to contact the teacher for the reference letter , which slows things down a bit...
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I already have the reference letter from my former HS teacher,but idk how to upload it.. UCAS says that they need to contact the teacher for the reference letter , which slows things down a bit...
You normally just put your teachers email address onto the form and UCAS then emails the teacher asking for it. You should email the teacher first asking them if it's ok to put them down as a referee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (65)
27.08%
1 (40)
16.67%
2 (40)
16.67%
3 (33)
13.75%
4 (16)
6.67%
5 (20)
8.33%