travelcollegeguy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I go to uni, and have made really good friends with this girl, I really like her, her personality it nice, she's just soft, kind and is the type of girl that would not harm a fly. What do I do.
21ForEva
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So you want to get with this person - in a romantic relationship? I don’t see any harm in confessing. But be prepared if she doesn’t want to go for it - it just depends on how much you can handle rejection. And if she doesn’t want to and would rather remain friends then don’t worry as there are plenty of fish in the sea - especially if you’re surrounded by loads of potential boyfriends/girlfriends
travelcollegeguy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 21ForEva)
So you want to get with this person - in a romantic relationship? I don’t see any harm in confessing. But be prepared if she doesn’t want to go for it - it just depends on how much you can handle rejection. And if she doesn’t want to and would rather remain friends then don’t worry as there are plenty of fish in the sea - especially if you’re surrounded by loads of potential boyfriends/girlfriends
I don't know yet, I mean I just would like to get to know her more, like invite her for a coffee or to see the Christmas lights some time before the end of term
Appirition
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by travelcollegeguy)
I don't know yet, I mean I just would like to get to know her more, like invite her for a coffee or to see the Christmas lights some time before the end of term
You have the right attitude - get to know her more, go places and do things together that you both enjoy. Gradually build the friendship, and if you both feel the same way about each other, a relationship will happen naturally. Don't try to rush it as that might put her off.
21ForEva
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by travelcollegeguy)
Then go ahead and ask her if she would like to do either. See where the conversation goes from there, if she does say yes then see what you guys do and get up to talking about. If it feels like the right moment for you to confess to her whenever this date happens (or even some other time) then don’t be afraid.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Well, I mean, if you really like this girl then the worst that can happen is that she says no. It may feel a little uncomfortable and you may feel a little down, but then at least your feelings are out in the open and you can get it off your chest. My best guy friend told me he had feelings for me about two years ago, I didn't like him back, but we're still good friends now. If you really want to go with it, then I recommend that you do. You only live once, you might as well. Who knows, maybe she does reciprocate your feelings, then fantastic and great for you. But if she doesn't, remember there are more fish in the sea, just take a chance... You won't know until you try it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (154)
51.85%
No (143)
48.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed