Unifeels
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've left my dissertation literally last minute. It's due in a day's time. If you do nursing, I have to casp 10 articles and I've only done 1 so far and I need to write 4000 words. I feel very depressed. Shall I apply for extenuating circumstances?
lia_r18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well, why have you left it for long? You actually need to give us more details that this so that we can tell you what to do...
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Unifeels)
I've left my dissertation literally last minute. It's due in a day's time. If you do nursing, I have to casp 10 articles and I've only done 1 so far and I need to write 4000 words. I feel very depressed. Shall I apply for extenuating circumstances?
Is it due today (Sunday) or tomorrow (Monday)? If you have a genuine reason for leaving it until the last minute, then you need to start an extenuating circumstances claim ASAP. You'll need to provide evidence of whatever caused you to struggle too. Tbh, your university might not be that happy that you are claiming so close to the deadline, but it's best to start the wheels turning if need be.

If you don't have a genuine reason for stalling, then tell us more about what you've done so far and what you still need to do, so that we can advise you.
Unifeels
Rep:
?
(Original post by lia_r18)
Well, why have you left it for long? You actually need to give us more details that this so that we can tell you what to do...
Left it late due to a lot of reasons: placement, revising for other exams, and the stress from all of this. My dissertation is on the benefits of non pharmacological interventions i.e. music therapy for elderly patients with dementia. I've now casped 5 articles.
Unifeels
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Is it due today (Sunday) or tomorrow (Monday)? If you have a genuine reason for leaving it until the last minute, then you need to start an extenuating circumstances claim ASAP. You'll need to provide evidence of whatever caused you to struggle too. Tbh, your university might not be that happy that you are claiming so close to the deadline, but it's best to start the wheels turning if need be.

If you don't have a genuine reason for stalling, then tell us more about what you've done so far and what you still need to do, so that we can advise you.
It's due on Monday. I do have a genuine reason, I have not been putting it off intentionally. I am going to attempt to get it done. My university allow us to put in a claim 5 days post submission too. I have casped 5 articles so far.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Unifeels)
It's due on Monday. I do have a genuine reason, I have not been putting it off intentionally. I am going to attempt to get it done. My university allow us to put in a claim 5 days post submission too. I have casped 5 articles so far.
If you have a genuine reason with evidence, then you can claim for an extension - they won't accept simply being too busy or having other assignments to do as reasons though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (137)
51.89%
No (127)
48.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise