Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm a composer/arranger and I have a lot of music which I'd like to upload onto a website somewhere. However, I have no idea about that sort of thing. What website would people recommend for showcasing my mp3s?

Preferably one which allows for feedback comments from people who aren't registered users (as I plan on showing my friends). Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You could host your actual MP3s on a site such as FileDen or FileCabin, then start a blog using Blogger, Wordpress, Typepad and the like, making a posting for each individual song. As for how you can get people to listen to the songs... well... you can download this flash music player (right click, save as):

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/...8/player1a.swf

then host it on fileden or whatever. You can use this code to embed the player on each blog posting:
    Code:
    <embed src="URL_TO_YOUR_PLAYER" flashvars="soundFile=URL_TO_YOUR_MP3&bg=0xd4d4d4&leftbg=0x6faabb&lefticon=0xffffff&rightbg=0x6faabb&rightbghover=0xc6e3f0&righticon=0xffffff&righticonhover=0x2c7ca9&text=0x2c7ca9&slider=0x4f97ac&track=0xFFFFFF&border=0x2c7ca9&loader=0xc6e3f0&loop=yes&autostart=no"></embed>
    If that all sounds too complicated, then use MySpace instead.

ReputationRep:
    I use http://www.box.net/ as it is very straightforward, has good file management and you can link to music to stream or download. Simple as.

If I were in your position I'd put everything up on last.fm. You don't have to be registered to listen to streamable tracks but you have to register to make comments so it might not be ideal.

It's a start. :p:

ReputationRep:
    make a video and stick it on youtube!

ReputationRep:
    Myspace?

ReputationRep:
    use Soundclick.com...its where all producers, composers etc use, beats cannot be stolen (at least easily), and often professionals are looking for work on there...so you could secure something big.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.