BenjaminClark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Received offers for both Lancaster’s Marketing Management and Newcastle’s Management and Marketing courses. Unsure which university to go to based on the metrics of social life, academic prestige and employability. Would love some insight.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BenjaminClark)
Received offers for both Lancaster’s Marketing Management and Newcastle’s Management and Marketing courses. Unsure which university to go to based on the metrics of social life, academic prestige and employability. Would love some insight.
I know Lancaster has a very good management school and Newcastle is obviously a prestigious uni. Have you visited them both? The cities are very different as Lancs is small with only a handful of clubs and not many shops in comparison to Newcastle so maybe think about which type of city you prefer
GeorgieBXx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also received offers for both, and yesterday made Lancaster my firm. I’d definitely say go and visit them if you already haven’t- the pictures and videos online do not do them justice.

I eventually chose Lancaster based on the fact that it’s of course a top 10 uni. Also when I received my acceptance letter, they were talking about my personal statement - which is nice because every acceptance letter I got was not personal, you could see they just changed the name, ucas code etc. Also when I went for a campus tour, they gave me a bag with a personal letter, a booklet on my course etc. Seems stupid, but it just seemed a lot more personal and organised than Newcastle.

I’ve visited both unis and would be happy to answer any questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (66)
27.39%
1 (40)
16.6%
2 (40)
16.6%
3 (33)
13.69%
4 (16)
6.64%
5 (20)
8.3%