AaliyahNadia2004
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey there, I’ve been needing some help for a while regarding post 16 options.

I’ve been browsing some colleges and found some colleges I really like, the downside is they do AS Levels and apparently they are only equivalent to half an A Level? If I was to take them what would I take in my second year? I’d rather do A Levels but if that’s the only option I need to know clearly what I can do after the first year of the AS Level.

Thanks,

Aaliyah.
aw03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
AS is the first year of A Levels. A2 is the second year. if the college does AS exams it just means that they do real exam board exams as the end of the year.
say you take 4 A Levels. you do all the AS exams at the end of year 12 and get your results a at a results day. then you get to choose if you want to take all 4 A Levels onto A2 or drop one and carry on with 3. if you carry on with 3 you'll then have 3.5 A Levels.

it's nothing to worry about AS is basically year 12 content and when you do those then you do A2. the whole A Level is AS and A2 combined.
Racsoix
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
AS is just the first year of A levels. You'd still complete the full A level over 2 years
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.15%
12.43%
12.31%
18.07%
23.13%
19.91%

Watched Threads