Is my belly button piercing infected? Watch

Lowkey.xx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I got a belly button piercing Mid August of this year and I’ve been continually cleaning it twice a day with saline solution but sometimes I’d wear high waist leggings and that would accidentally be too high that would hit my piercing

I don’t let it happen anymore but now there’s a purple bump surrounding my piercing Along with the area around the piercing itself being purple and sometimes a light green pus comes out of it and also on multiple occasions blood has come out as well and I don’t know what it is

So should I let it heal and see what happens or should I go straight to my piercer?

Also if anyone could tell me there experiences I would also really appreciate it
notveryoriginal
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It might be worth going to your piercer for a chat, and I can't really tell you much without seeing it. However, all of my non-lobe piercings developed a lump at some point that went away.

Did you get it done by a UKAPP piercer?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lowkey.xx)
So I got a belly button piercing Mid August of this year and I’ve been continually cleaning it twice a day with saline solution but sometimes I’d wear high waist leggings and that would accidentally be too high that would hit my piercing

I don’t let it happen anymore but now there’s a purple bump surrounding my piercing Along with the area around the piercing itself being purple and sometimes a light green pus comes out of it and also on multiple occasions blood has come out as well and I don’t know what it is

So should I let it heal and see what happens or should I go straight to my piercer?

Also if anyone could tell me there experiences I would also really appreciate it
Go to you piercer as soon as possible. Pus is not normal and it should not be bleeding this far into the healing process.
Lowkey.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by notveryoriginal)
It might be worth going to your piercer for a chat, and I can't really tell you much without seeing it. However, all of my non-lobe piercings developed a lump at some point that went away.

Did you get it done by a UKAPP piercer?
Yes it was done in a professional studio
Lowkey.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Go to you piercer as soon as possible. Pus is not normal and it should not be bleeding this far into the healing process.
Alright I’ll do that thanks
notveryoriginal
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lowkey.xx)
Yes it was done in a professional studio
Not all professional piercers are UKAPP; this was a professional studio near me's work https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...d-bled-6740617

"Professional" studios do snake eye piercings, and use guns, etc. Not all piercers are created equal
Lowkey.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by notveryoriginal)
Not all professional piercers are UKAPP; this was a professional studio near me's work https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...d-bled-6740617

"Professional" studios do snake eye piercings, and use guns, etc. Not all piercers are created equal
Oh ok thanks for letting me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (127)
27.55%
1 (69)
14.97%
2 (71)
15.4%
3 (74)
16.05%
4 (37)
8.03%
5 (30)
6.51%
6 (17)
3.69%
7+ (36)
7.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise