The Student Room Group

Boxing is boring and heres why

I really only watch the big fights but after watching the AJ fight it has confirmed my feelings towards boxing.

It’s boring, when you actually calculate how many good hits there are in an average boxing match the numbers are generally low regardless of who is fighting.

Most of the actual shots are so quick and awkward that you only see them in the slow motion replay. Also more and more boxers are now adopting the Mayweather style of running and hugging.. very boring overall to watch IMO and I am really not going to invest time into it, I much prefer UFC.
(edited 4 years ago)
Can understand you. These kinds of fightingsyou told is boring to see for spectators indeed. But tjere are good boxers who are worth it and give good and furious fights.
Wrestling is ten times more entertaining

WWE >>>>>>>>>
Original post by ThuggerThugger
I really only watch the big fights but after watching the AJ fight it has confirmed my feelings towards boxing.

It’s boring, when you actually calculate how many good hits there are in an average boxing match the numbers are generally low regardless of who is fighting.

Most of the actual shots are so quick and awkward that you only see them in the slow motion replay. Also more and more boxers are now adopting the Mayweather style of running and hugging.. very boring overall to watch IMO and I am really not going to invest time into it, I much prefer UFC.

AJ is a boring fighter. He trained like a monk and fought a very tactical safe way. He's like another kiltscho really.

Don't worry AJ and Eddie Hearn will duck Tyson Fury and Wilder for as long as they can but he will surely have to fight them at some point. Tyson and Wilder 2 is going to be a great fight to watch. And watching AJ agaisnt Fury and Wilder with nowhere to tactically run to will be fun too.
AJ is an average boxer, so he does not really examplify what entertaining boxing really is.
Reply 5
Thats the thing with boxing if u have never fought in a ring or have laced a pair of gloves on and gone to the gym theres no way u could appreciate the AJ fight on saturday. for someone that does boxing that fight was a bloody masterclass and for the critique on mayweathers run and hugging style thats very disrespectful and like i said before once u step into the gym and then re watch some of mayweathers fight you would call him a genius. the so called running and hugging style which in fact is an immaculate impregnable defence is much harder to pull of than the slug fest u see in mma. but hey everyone is entitled to thier own opinion and i see why u call boxing boring u have never boxed and therfore cannot appreciate the subtle defensive actions and chess like moves that high level boxing portrays. if u wanna see a slug fest theres plenty of pubs around but if u wanna see a game of tactical brillance where opponents masterfully throw each and every shot then boxing is the one.and for the fact that is boring did u not see the first the aj ruiz fight, it had every bit of drama excitement and a shocking ending that turned the world of sports upside down. my suggestion to u is to try out boxing for yourself and then watch the same fights that are so called boring
AJ highlights

https://youtu.be/wwpKuX4q078
says it all!
Original post by Ooh La La
AJ is an average boxer, so he does not really examplify what entertaining boxing really is.

Lol Average he says
Original post by H1223
Thats the thing with boxing if u have never fought in a ring or have laced a pair of gloves on and gone to the gym theres no way u could appreciate the AJ fight on saturday. for someone that does boxing that fight was a bloody masterclass and for the critique on mayweathers run and hugging style thats very disrespectful and like i said before once u step into the gym and then re watch some of mayweathers fight you would call him a genius. the so called running and hugging style which in fact is an immaculate impregnable defence is much harder to pull of than the slug fest u see in mma. but hey everyone is entitled to thier own opinion and i see why u call boxing boring u have never boxed and therfore cannot appreciate the subtle defensive actions and chess like moves that high level boxing portrays. if u wanna see a slug fest theres plenty of pubs around but if u wanna see a game of tactical brillance where opponents masterfully throw each and every shot then boxing is the one.and for the fact that is boring did u not see the first the aj ruiz fight, it had every bit of drama excitement and a shocking ending that turned the world of sports upside down. my suggestion to u is to try out boxing for yourself and then watch the same fights that are so called boring

NGL read 40% of what you said, boxing is boring end of. Compare boxing to MMA.. you’re telling me boxing is more entertaining?
Reply 9
NGL read 40% of what you said, boxing is boring end of. Compare boxing to MMA.. you’re telling me boxing is more entertaining?

well ngl to a casual fan yh mma provides more excitement and waayy more action but it doesn't bang like boxing if ur telling me that fights like joshua ruiz 1 and most of mike tyson fight as well as Ali were more enternaining than any mma fight ur a jokeman
Original post by H1223
well ngl to a casual fan yh mma provides more excitement and waayy more action but it doesn't bang like boxing if ur telling me that fights like joshua ruiz 1 and most of mike tyson fight as well as Ali were more enternaining than any mma fight ur a jokeman

I’m speaking on general level, you do know there are more boxers out there beside AJ, Ruiz, Tyson F and Wilder? MMA doesn’t need to have a big name fighting to be entertaining.
I prefer watching wilder.
He is fun to watch.
Reply 12
I’m speaking on general level, you do know there are more boxers out there beside AJ, Ruiz, Tyson F and Wilder? MMA doesn’t need to have a big name fighting to be entertaining.

ofc ik there are more boxers beside aj and the lot u idiot but ur a casual fan so i cant talk about other fighter as you wouldnt have any knowledge of them go watch lomackenko, gevonta davis and canelo alvarez their fights are very exciting. Boxing isnt boring maybe its just the fact u cant understand it
Original post by H1223
ofc ik there are more boxers beside aj and the lot u idiot but ur a casual fan so i cant talk about other fighter as you wouldnt have any knowledge of them go watch lomackenko, gevonta davis and canelo alvarez their fights are very exciting. Boxing isnt boring maybe its just the fact u cant understand it

Sorry, write that again in English, please.

Quick Reply

Latest