Should I go on this spiritual break? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My grandparents plan on taking all of us on a spiritual break and my mom being who she is, is putting it off and is saying that I should stay back too despite my grandparents insisting that I go. I'm really close to my grandparents and initially I didn't want to go, but her telling me not to go and to 'look after' my very much capable siblings is peeing me off and I want to go. I don't live with her and in the past I've felt left out of family **** hence I grew independent. There's a part of me that is feeling used.

Anyways, I think she's been selfish putting me in a predicament - she didn't have to get me involved and I wish I never tried to sympathise with her situation just bc she'd say I'm selfish for thinking about myself (for once). she's always been like this, no wonder my siblings don't respect her. My aunts compromised and said they'll go, but she has to make it about herself yet says that my grandparents are making it about them.

I didn't initially wanna go because my aunts will leave me out and my grandad has an ego and gets carried away and knowing my grandma she'll probably have a mood swing and take it out on me. If I dont go, I'll have to stay with my mom and look after my grandmas house (per usual). Can't win.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is your decision. You didn't want to go initially and you also assume their could be some scenarios happening so maybe do not go.

Your feelings will guide you in this.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just go with your gut instinct.
Trust your feelings and listen to what they are telling you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Analyst89)
It is your decision. You didn't want to go initially and you also assume their could be some scenarios happening so maybe do not go.

Your feelings will guide you in this.
Thank you both for replying. I appreciate it.

Update:
I don't mean to burden anyone with my problems, but I made my decision ...or so I thought: I told them "i'm going." Alas, grandparents weren't amused after the victim scene my mom created. My excitement was short-lived, I told my mom and she blew up.

Long story short, she guilt tripped me, said i'm selfish and I should let her go instead, not like i'm holding her back? I'm convincing her to go despite knowing the negativity she'll create once we're there. Oh and I'm responsible for looking after my siblings. I exchanged a few sentences, said that it's not my responsibility and that she uses me etc.

I know she's toxic, but the whole 'me' scenario confirmed it. Most times I feel like her parent, she's never really been responsible for me... everyone else is chill and compromising, but she has to make this about herself and how my youngest sibling can't bathe and get herself ready (she's 10 ffs - I was bathing my other siblings at this age) and other than a health condition she's mentally and physically capable, yet she's putting her insecurities on my siblings. She's always been held back in life and now she's doing it to us. :mad::confused: Feel like she's jealous of me or something.

I'm glad I got that out of my chest and thanks again for responding. I'll have to discuss it with my grandma.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (128)
27.71%
1 (69)
14.94%
2 (71)
15.37%
3 (74)
16.02%
4 (37)
8.01%
5 (30)
6.49%