Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krysia)
    A stroll up Conduit Road is always bracing...
    lmao. I once carried a keg of beer to a house party up that road. I almost killed myself in the process.

ReputationRep:
    I live just past the top of conduit road

ReputationRep:
    Living at the bottom of Crookesmoor is great :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brak3n)
    Living at the bottom of Crookesmoor is great :yy:
    5 mins from Uni ftw! :five:

ReputationRep:
    I was given Brocco flats at Edward streets. Anyone know if the location is okay? I have heard that its near to "red light district" so I am kinda worried.

ReputationRep:
    It's right next to Opal 2, and it's not 'near' the red light district. It IS the red light district. But it's not really that bad. You had a Tesco Express virtually next door as well, and also a pretty good kebab shop.

ReputationRep:
    woah. it doesn't sound too good to stay IN the red light district. does it gets very rowdy or would it be dangerous for a girl alone to live in? and are the "workers" all over the place all the time? O_o thanks in adv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey Hepburn)
    'nice' and 'Sheffield' are two mutually exclusive concepts.
    :p: Sheffield's lovely! Bets places for students are Broomhill, Broomhall, Crookes. But to be honest, you can find okayish places anywhere really! But those are definitely the best, and pretty much the cheapest that you would even consider!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardreamer)
    woah. it doesn't sound too good to stay IN the red light district. does it gets very rowdy or would it be dangerous for a girl alone to live in? and are the "workers" all over the place all the time? O_o thanks in adv.
    don't worry. my sister has just finished a year at brocco flats and its in a perfectly alright area. the majority of buildings in that area are student accomodation or student accomodation being built. So lots of students... its pretty close to the uni aswell.

ReputationRep:
    thanks alot RocketTown! I feel better now knowing that its a safe place. =)

ReputationRep:
    Hunter's Bar is nice. Nice views.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i lived at brocco flats last year and i was so happy there im staying there this year...and the fact that housing went tits up but meh. Yes it is the red light district but honestly, with all the building work that was going on and the fact that students dont really want to pay for sex they moved down past infirmary road so trust me youll only see one or two tops.

Opal 2 is around there and we have a tescos express right outside = milk in the morning :P and cos people dont buy much everythings reduced = great for your budget :P Your 10mins from the uni and if you know the right route, your 10 min walk from the town centre. oh and theres a pub 2 mins up the road, the owners really nice AND theres a tram stop 2 mins walk away = good for getting wherever, oh and theres a big tescos 10mins walk away too. AND its within walking distance of all the bars and things or its like £1 taxi between a few of you if you really dont want to stagger home.

I admit, i dont really like walking back home at night when im there, but its got ALOT better and theres more lamposts going up all the time, which trust me makes all the difference :P

Everyone gets to know everyone else in brocco cos at the end of the day, theres only 250 students in the building but trust me, its great! So yeah, dont worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    Christ Chaz if that didn't convince people nothing will. :woo: :woo: :woo:

Nah seriously Brocco is ace Stardreamer.
    Yeah you'll maybe see a couple of "ladies of the night" here and there but to be honest they tend to stay away from the students and more often than not ply their trade further down the bank from the student housing, which isn't really a direction you'll ever find yourself walking at night since the Uni and all the clubs are the other way.
    Other than that just follow everything Chaz just said and you'll realise it's not so bad afterall...

If your still worried, then we'll give you a guided tour of everywhere nearby when you get to uni :cool: :yep: :beer:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info guys, see you in brocco in 2 weeks =)

ReputationRep:
    haha ace, what block/flat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chazette)
    haha ace, what block/flat?
    A - 29, r we neighbours?

ReputationRep:
    Close, your a couple of floors up I think. Im in 12A this year. Chazette is in 19.
    But then it's only a set of stairs afterall. You looking forward to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey Hepburn)
    'nice' and 'Sheffield' are two mutually exclusive concepts.
    That one made me chuckle; albeit a sad one

As for the living areas, I'd go with Crookes; only because only because one of the family pubs is up there.

Ahh, the joys of indirect advertising on the internet.. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 7, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.