Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have mocks tomorrow and I don't know anything. I'm considered to be a top performing student as I've gotten 7 and 8s and have been predicted that since year 10 but that's far from the truth. I usually cram and memorise everything and forget it right after the exam. My school have given us so much test and pre mock tests that I'm tired and I can't do it anymore. Like I literally cannot physically and mentally do it. I did my maths GCSE in year 9 and got an A* and I feel like my teachers, parents and friends expect me get 8s no problem but I'm tired and know that I'm not gonna do well in these mocks but I've already gave in my application form for sixth form and some grammar schools a few weeks ago and I'm gonna have to give my mock grades so now it's gonna look like I've lied on the form. Someone please help me idk what to do I literally feel numb no joke

I would really appreciate it if I could get a reply

Ps I go to a pretty crap school and they really don't like me all they care about is the schools reputation. And I don't want to stress my parents out cuz they have stuff going on
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I TOTALLY understand the struggle.
This was exactly where I was and feeling about two weeks ago during my mocks. I’ve gotten 7/8s as my predicted grades too and it always stresses me out to think that people expect so much from me when I honestly have no clue as to what I’m doing with anything. I don’t think you should underestimate yourself. If you’ve been getting considerably high grades since year 10 and received a 9 in a maths paper recently you should trust yourself that you’re gonna be fine. You’re already tried and stressing about these grades will only make you perform less than you’re natural ability. I tried my best for my mocks even though I knew it wasn’t my hardest. I think you’re mental stability and health is far more important that your grades since they’re already stressing out when the real thing is in a few months time. Just try your best and hope that it’s enough for yourself, not for other people. Don’t worry about colleges and sixth form just yet even though it’s hard not to think about how your grades will effect them. Truth is most sixth forms have a limit of grade 5s so I’m sure you can try your best to get above that. They’re aware that these are only mocks and you’re gonna send in your best performed GCSE results to them later anyways. So don’t over exert yourself too hard. This isn’t everything I wanted to say but I’m in a rush right now so I’ll reply later but I hope this has helped
yzanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't panic - if the school has faith in you (which I would rather refer it to than pressure), then you should have faith in yourself as well. If they are looking to you to get the grades then clearly you're doing something right and shouldn't be worrying.

They are only mocks, so don't count towards your final grade nor define your future. Just do the best that you can and work from there! :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (127)
27.55%
1 (69)
14.97%
2 (71)
15.4%
3 (74)
16.05%
4 (37)
8.03%
5 (30)
6.51%
6 (17)
3.69%
7+ (36)
7.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise