imna2212
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone!!

I have mocks tomorrow and I don't know anything. I'm considered to be a top performing student as I've gotten 7 and 8s and have been predicted that since year 10 but that's far from the truth. I usually cram and memorise everything and forget it right after the exam. My school have given us so much test and pre mock tests that I'm tired and I can't do it anymore. Like I literally cannot physically and mentally do it. I did my maths GCSE in year 9 and got an A* and I feel like my teachers, parents and friends expect me get 8s no problem but I'm tired and know that I'm not gonna do well in these mocks but I've already gave in my application form for sixth form and some grammar schools a few weeks ago and I'm gonna have to give my mock grades so now it's gonna look like I've lied on the form. Someone please help me idk what to do I literally feel numb no joke

I would really appreciate it if I could get a reply

Ps I go to a pretty crap school and they really don't like me all they care about is the schools reputation. And I don't want to stress my parents out cuz they have stuff going on

Someone please reply
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by imna2212)
Hello everyone!!

I have mocks tomorrow and I don't know anything. I'm considered to be a top performing student as I've gotten 7 and 8s and have been predicted that since year 10 but that's far from the truth. I usually cram and memorise everything and forget it right after the exam. My school have given us so much test and pre mock tests that I'm tired and I can't do it anymore. Like I literally cannot physically and mentally do it. I did my maths GCSE in year 9 and got an A* and I feel like my teachers, parents and friends expect me get 8s no problem but I'm tired and know that I'm not gonna do well in these mocks but I've already gave in my application form for sixth form and some grammar schools a few weeks ago and I'm gonna have to give my mock grades so now it's gonna look like I've lied on the form. Someone please help me idk what to do I literally feel numb no joke

Ps I go to a pretty crap school and they really don't like me all they care about is the schools reputation. And I don't want to stress my parents out cuz they have stuff going on
Someone please reply
Just have a break - you've done too much. I'm pretty sure your college application will be completed by your school with predicted grades not mock results. Mocks are held at different times and it's well known that some students cheat so school look for other ways to look at performance.
Marcus...
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello everyone!!

Someone please reply
I don’t see the problem? You gave in your mock grades?
Tima86
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean if you’ve done a lot of tests before you should remember a little bit even if it’s not a lot x Plus the fact that you can cram and get such good grades shows how smart you are !!! So don’t doubt yourself.
I’d say jus cram for this time and then after that keep on top of your revision so it won’t stress you out as much Also I think speaking to someone in real life might help you aswell even if your parents have stuff going on I’m sure they’ll have time to listen to you. Trust me once you get that off your chest you won’t feel as pressured. Hope I helped
imna2212
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marcus...)
I don’t see the problem? You gave in your mock grades?
The form asked for your predicted grade and then bring you're mock results when called to the interview
imna2212
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Just have a break - you've done too much. I'm pretty sure your college application will be completed by your school with predicted grades not mock results. Mocks are held at different times and it's well known that some students cheat so school look for other ways to look at performance.
Thanks! I feel like taking a break is the most sensible thing to do but I'm gonna fail this mock badly
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks! I feel like taking a break is the most sensible thing to do but I'm gonna fail this mock badly
You won't - trust me
Blossoma
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello everyone!!

Someone please reply
Hey I totally get where you're coming from there's so much pressure and expectations to do well. It's like we never get a break from exams honestly you finish one set exams and then you have to start revising for more the next week . Anyway, most people, if they're not stupid, don't expect you to get your target grade on the mocks because on the real GCSEs you'll have over a month to do all the exams and much much longer to revise.As long as you get good grades in the actual GCSEs schools should still take you even if you don't get the best grades in the mocks. And if you're really stuck mate, you could always look online to find the topics for the 2019 exams because the students always post complaints and memes lol. Also Ive done some of the mocks so depending on what exams and exam boards ur doing I could always help by telling you some of the topics but I totally get if you don't want to. Good luck tho and remeber to take breaks and try using different sudy methods as it will help you remeber. Also talk to other people in your class its likely everyone feels the same about the mocks and it may help you feel less stressed. Hope this helps xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (81)
36.99%
I really love the subject (57)
26.03%
I don't know what else to do (29)
13.24%
I can't get a job (15)
6.85%
My parents want me to (5)
2.28%