Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can you get these Student NUS cards when you are in Sixth Form?

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, some schools give the forms out, you gotta pay £7 and attach a passport photo and then send it off. Otherwise go on the website and print the form off They run out at the end of August each year though, gotta get one in september.

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear, so I can apply for one when I go back in September yeah?

ReputationRep:
    Yess i had one, the school will provide you with a leaflet or you can go on the website to get a application form, all the school needs to do is stamp it to prove you are a student there!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can get the application form from their website?

The only link I found is http://cards.nus.org.uk/buy/ - which doesn't list my 6th form (obviously).

TIA

ReputationRep:
    If it doesn't list your 6th form, it means there's no student union which will allow you apply for NUS

So you'll need to get another student card, probably the ISIC

I think :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchedEdge)
    If it doesn't list your 6th form, it means there's no student union which will allow you apply for NUS

So you'll need to get another student card, probably the ISIC

I think :ninja:
    Nope. I know for sure my brother's college has NUS availability but they weren't on the menu. I'm quite sure mine has NUS as well but same thing. Likewise, Cambridge wasn't on it.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell?! I'm looking at the UCAS card and on the website it says

Registration for current Year 12 or equivalent students in England, Wales and Northern Ireland has closed. Registration for current Scottish students, S5 or equivalent, will close on 30th September 2008.

!!! What the hell? I was waiting til I got here to find out my UCAS number now they tell me it's closed :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    What the hell?! I'm looking at the UCAS card and on the website it says

Registration for current Year 12 or equivalent students in England, Wales and Northern Ireland has closed. Registration for current Scottish students, S5 or equivalent, will close on 30th September 2008.

!!! What the hell? I was waiting til I got here to find out my UCAS number now they tell me it's closed :O
    Yep, I cant get a ucas card either. I duno why its closed or when its coming back!

NUS cards I think you can get them anytime though.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.