Will I Be Earning Less For Christmas? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I recently started working on a parttime / flexible hour contract. I was asked a couple of weeks ago to book my annual leave, of which 9 days had to be in December.

Sadly I couldnt get the Saturdays Off (which based on my experience at work yesterday, was an absolute nightmare due to being extremely short-staffed and obviously busy due it being the run-up to xmas).

whilst my calender shows that I still ahve to book days off, my boss' calender shows that I have been flexed down for the days I wanted off (so I will be working 8 hours a week instead of 16 hours) but I will be working 40 hours a week in January, with all of February being vacation. Does that mean I will be earning half of what I currently earn for December and Double in January, or will I be paid the same I have been earning the last few months?
alexandria51201
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I recently started working on a parttime / flexible hour contract. I was asked a couple of weeks ago to book my annual leave, of which 9 days had to be in December.

Sadly I couldnt get the Saturdays Off (which based on my experience at work yesterday, was an absolute nightmare due to being extremely short-staffed and obviously busy due it being the run-up to xmas).

whilst my calender shows that I still ahve to book days off, my boss' calender shows that I have been flexed down for the days I wanted off (so I will be working 8 hours a week instead of 16 hours) but I will be working 40 hours a week in January, with all of February being vacation. Does that mean I will be earning half of what I currently earn for December and Double in January, or will I be paid the same I have been earning the last few months?
Hmm that’s strange, you should be earning more for Christmas. I get double pay on Christmas day, maybe you should ask your managers about this x
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you work double the hours, you'll get double the pay
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
If you work double the hours, you'll get double the pay
so by that logic, im earning half the amount i usually get for december
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so by that logic, im earning half the amount i usually get for december
Well yeah, you can't expect to be paid the same amount for working 16 hours a week as you would for working 8 hours a week
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (43)
26.71%
1 (24)
14.91%
2 (29)
18.01%
3 (23)
14.29%
4 (10)
6.21%
5 (14)
8.7%