Zoey101.x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I apply more than once to the same sixth form, will it increase my chances of getting in?
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No you only need to apply once
Zoey101.x
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
No you only need to apply once
Thanks. Do you know why some schools have an option to submit another application? Is it just if you change your mind about subjects or something?
DPat1210
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zoey101.x)
If I apply more than once to the same sixth form, will it increase my chances of getting in?
Probably not. Most sixth forms don't have much competition in terms of getting a place. entrance to the sixth form will probably depend on nothing more than your GCSE results. Applying multiple times to anything will never increase your chances. It just makes more paperwork and presents you in a bad light.
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zoey101.x)
Thanks. Do you know why some schools have an option to submit another application? Is it just if you change your mind about subjects or something?
Probably that or to change something major in your application because Durham uni (It’s not a sixth form but has a similar feature) allows you to submit another statement if I remember correctly if you want to change the course you applied for or you made a huge mistake in your statement or want to update it.
Zoey101.x
Rep:
?
(Original post by DPat1210)
Probably not. Most sixth forms don't have much competition in terms of getting a place. entrance to the sixth form will probably depend on nothing more than your GCSE results. Applying multiple times to anything will never increase your chances. It just makes more paperwork and presents you in a bad light.
Thanks, didn’t think of it like that 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (12)
8%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (17)
11.33%
No, but maybe I will look into it (42)
28%
No and I wouldn't consider it (79)
52.67%

Watched Threads