Confused Uni Choices for Marketing! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, idk if anyone will see this or answer but I want to apply to do marketing at university, starting in sept 2020. I'm thinking of applying to Lancaster University, Uni of Kent, Uni of Sussex, UEA, Aston Uni or Leicester Uni. My predicted is ABB currently. Is anyone thinking of doing the same course, or go to these unis? any advice? would love to talk to potential students going to these unis too!
StudentRep Annabel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, idk if anyone will see this or answer but I want to apply to do marketing at university, starting in sept 2020. I'm thinking of applying to Lancaster University, Uni of Kent, Uni of Sussex, UEA, Aston Uni or Leicester Uni. My predicted is ABB currently. Is anyone thinking of doing the same course, or go to these unis? any advice? would love to talk to potential students going to these unis too!
Hey
So pleased you're looking to apply to the University of Kent I'm currently in my final year at Kent, although I don't study Marketing unfortunately! But Kent have a Unibuddy programme where prospective students like yourself can find and talk to current students studying the same subject and ask them any questions about the course.
Here is the link in case you'd like to use it.
If you have any general questions about the University of Kent at all though, I'm more than happy to help where I can Best of luck with your university applications!
confused 247
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!
I'd just like to know more about student life, accommodation after first year and career prospects??? and I'll deffo use the link thank you!
StudentRep Annabel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by confused 247)
Hi!
I'd just like to know more about student life, accommodation after first year and career prospects??? and I'll deffo use the link thank you!
Hey!
No problem

Student life at Kent has a really great sense of community to it as a campus based university. There are loads of sports clubs and societies on campus, so there is always something happening so campus has a really good vibe to it in term time. You can check out the full list of sports clubs and societies here! I'd really recommend joining one as it's such a great way to make friends and make the most of your time at uni. I believe that your first session at any of the societies is free, so you can try them out and see what you enjoy The thing that I really like about student life at Kent though, is the work-life balance and how homely it feels. The Canterbury campus is set in acres of beautiful parkland with ponds, fields and wildlife and some really stunning views over Canterbury. Also, the city centre is only a 20 minute walk from campus which is perfect when you fancy going shopping or having a change of scene
There is loads to do on campus though as well, there's an on-campus nightclub, several bars, cafes, restaurants, a gym, cinema and theatre

There are two other universities in Canterbury, so despite being a small city, there is still a great student vibe to it! Also, because of this there is also lots of options for off-campus accommodation after your first year. For Kent students there are two main areas that are popular; an area called Hales Place which is very close to the university and has some great cheap housing options for students, or the St. Dunstans/St. Stephens area which is in between Canterbury city centre and the university, which is where I have lived since moving off campus There are also several private student halls too which offer studios or rooms with shared kitchens, although most of these are a bit further away from campus. If you're interested in student accommodation off campus you can always check out the Rightmove Students website to get a bit of a sense of what typical rent prices are.

In terms of career prospects and opportunities, Kent has an excellent Careers and Employability department which offer a range of services from career advice, to application checking, CV reviews, mock interviews and they run annual fairs and talks to help give students guidance on what they can apply for after university and how to do it. I'd really recommend using their services if you come to Kent, they've really helped me with part time job and graduate job applications Career prospects after university can largely be what you make it, from my experience, as long as you take the time to invest in yourself and develop your skills and achieve consistent grades at university, you're setting yourself up well for graduate jobs Here is the link to the University of Kent Careers and Employability Services website in case you'd like to check them out.

I hope that this helps give you a better sense of what life at Kent is like! Please let me know if you have any other questions
confused 247
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
that's great! thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (148)
52.11%
No (136)
47.89%

Watched Threads