Metro: "Jeremy Corbyn ‘poised to hand over to John McDonnell if he loses election’ " Watch

filletofish
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/08/jerem...tion-11410779/
000_0000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
WHAT?....no
filletofish
Rep:
?
John McDonell will be backing a Female Candidate

(Original post by 000_0000)
WHAT?....no
filletofish
Rep:
?
Corbyn's 4 year tenure as Labour Leader will come to a termination, he will preside over the party for a Leadership contest and then retreat to the backbenches
filletofish
Rep:
?
Corbyn has been widely credited for his increasing Labour's membership and shifting from New Labour
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to stop posting misleading titles. I have edited this.
filletofish
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
You need to stop posting misleading titles. I have edited this.
your edit is completely unwelcome it's unrelated to the premise of my thread which was a widely backed notion that a Corbyn resignation is likely
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Considering they'll both be out on their asses...
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by filletofish)
your edit is completely unwelcome it's unrelated to the premise of my thread which was a widely backed notion that a Corbyn resignation is likely
Nah it was misleading and deserved an edit. Leaders who lose normally resign. You werent adding anything.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think McDonell will ever be leader. Hes not stupid, he knows that if Corbyn didn't succeed.. a more moderate and charastmatic version of himself.. there is no way he will. He will back a younger candidate that agrees with him and put them in place as the leader. Would bet on it being a woman, Labour are now the last party to have a female leader, and a good number of their rising stars (at least the ones who are in the same lane as Corbyn politically) are female.. They will put in a female leader and then we will hear a whole load of nonsense in the next election about how you should vote for her because shes a woman, ignoring the fact that the tories have already had 2 female PMs, the SNP currently have a female leader who leads the scotish assembly.. Plaid, the greens and Lib dems have all had female leaders. But when its Labour and a progressive candidate, it will be shouted to the roof.

Please let it be Pidcock.

She has just the right ballance of absolute idiocy and a self-righteousness.. mixed with her accent, she is just a wet dream for the torries. Watch southern and elderly voters reel from her when they see her on TV.

Swinson is showing just what happens when a party elects a pretty mediocre candidate because they are female.. they fail. There are some great female leaders, Sturgeon is strong and fierce in her convictions.. Lucas has done an amazing job for the greens, even though she isn't technically the leader, Thatcher obviously for the torries, and May was a great politican, if a poor leader.

Put on a debate with Kier stamer and Pidcock and then see what happens.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Doubt it, Jezza is a stubborn ****. He's dug his heels in until now, he'll do so forever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (42)
27.81%
1 (24)
15.89%
2 (25)
16.56%
3 (20)
13.25%
4 (9)
5.96%
5 (14)
9.27%