Aidan94
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello all, just wanted to confirm how does the attendance work in UEL? i've read you need 75% attendance but not sure is this for term 1 or term 2? or overall for the whole year? also if you have poor attendance and course works handed in before end of term one would the uni kick you out with or without warning? or it is all done overall end of the year? Is it possible if someone skips lectures and attands seminars but has very low % of attendance they can get kicked in first term by end of december? Thank you.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you spoken to your personal tutor and checked the Engagement & Attendance Policy?
https://www.uel.ac.uk/-/media/main/i...58E1DD3D97435A
Aidan94
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Have you spoken to your personal tutor and checked the Engagement & Attendance Policy?
https://www.uel.ac.uk/-/media/main/i...58E1DD3D97435A
Hello thank you for response, the weeks i've been absent was due to some personal problems i emailed and explained my tutor and head of the course. They were notified for the absent those dates also i emailed the hub. I did not recieve any warning emails yet or any other inquiries due to the absence. I missed total of 3 weeks and after that I have missed several lectures due to work schedules but it was also explained to my tutor. As i've calculated my attendance i will have around 55-60% by end of this term december. I just wanted to know when does the overall attendance gets calculated? is it end of term 2 or term 1? My work is up to date and submitted all before deadline. Also my group works and presentations. I am currently in year one.
University of East London
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aidan94)
Hello all, just wanted to confirm how does the attendance work in UEL? i've read you need 75% attendance but not sure is this for term 1 or term 2? or overall for the whole year? also if you have poor attendance and course works handed in before end of term one would the uni kick you out with or without warning? or it is all done overall end of the year? Is it possible if someone skips lectures and attands seminars but has very low % of attendance they can get kicked in first term by end of december? Thank you.
Hi Aidan94

Sorry to hear you've been having some difficult personal circumstances. I had a look on the student intranet and there is an FAQ around attendance that might help: https://uelac.sharepoint.com/Student...ntion-FAQ.aspx

Also, well done for being proactive and contacting both your tutor and the Hub and also submitting all of your assignments. Have they given you any guidance about what your next steps are?
Feel free to private message me if you'd prefer.

Meg
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.17%
12.44%
12.33%
18.09%
23.16%
19.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise