Am I being unreasonable?? Watch

Homills
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My friends have planned to go xmas shopping on my birthday (we are yr10). There is only three of us and I had felt we were on the ‘same page’ and we were planning to go xmas shopping but instead they had planned with someone else ( in a club they so) and one messaged me about it. I am not secretive about my birthday we have been talking about my and my other friends birthday (both quite close) for a while. I have plans with my family and my other friends are doing stuff with their families on their birthday. They could have rescheduled but although I said it was my birthday ( in a nice way and I said I appreciated the thought to include me) but they just said happy birthday for my birthday coming up. They are quite boastful and self centred often and I just bottle up my annoyance about it and I don’t express how I feel. I always put them first and always include BOTH of them. Recently, one had an issue in a lesson with the person she was sat with and although I was content where I was she requested a seating swap. Although I was happy where I was I put up with it and I am upset about that too tbh . Anyway I don’t know what to do, I think I should shut up and not make any bother like I usually do, what do you guys think??
daytoday1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Homills)
My friends have planned to go xmas shopping on my birthday (we are yr10). There is only three of us and I had felt we were on the ‘same page’ and we were planning to go xmas shopping but instead they had planned with someone else ( in a club they so) and one messaged me about it. I am not secretive about my birthday we have been talking about my and my other friends birthday (both quite close) for a while. I have plans with my family and my other friends are doing stuff with their families on their birthday. They could have rescheduled but although I said it was my birthday ( in a nice way and I said I appreciated the thought to include me) but they just said happy birthday for my birthday coming up. They are quite boastful and self centred often and I just bottle up my annoyance about it and I don’t express how I feel. I always put them first and always include BOTH of them. Recently, one had an issue in a lesson with the person she was sat with and although I was content where I was she requested a seating swap. Although I was happy where I was I put up with it and I am upset about that too tbh . Anyway I don’t know what to do, I think I should shut up and not make any bother like I usually do, what do you guys think??
I think it was a big mistake not expressing how you feel bc it builds up (trust me) and one day you'll find yourself just blowing up. Tell them how you feel and first it would make you feel so much better and second you can tell if theyre really your friends by how they react. If they shrug it off or play victim or try and make you feel bad then I suggest finding new friends who will respect you.
Jolhihilhil
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't ignore your issues, it's not healthy. You need to address them so you can get over them. Talk to them directly (and calmly) about it. I'm sure they'll understand. You don't wanna wake up one day and realise your "friends" are just walking all over you.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I understand how you feel but if you’re spending your birthday with your family then your friends are free to do something else. They don’t have to stay in because you can’t go.
Arrange shopping another day as well
Regards the other issues. You should talk to them and explain how you feel. Don’t let it fester
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (62)
36.05%
I really love the subject (44)
25.58%
I don't know what else to do (22)
12.79%
I can't get a job (13)
7.56%
My parents want me to (4)
2.33%