The Student Room Group

School and Sexuality

In school all of my friends and some of my teachers have noticed I've been sad lately. I want to tell them I've been sad because I'm bi and I have nobody I can talk to about it. I don't know if they would accept me for who I am though. What do I do?
it depends on your school and your friends. do you think they'd judge you. would they out you. who do you trust the most. as difficult as it is, you need to ask the difficult questions as well as the good ones. it's really up to you. could it endanger you to come out or is there a safe place for you to go in case it backfires.

I really do want to say be positive. it really depends on your situation. be careful. sorry if I haven't made it any easier. I just don't want anything bad to happen for you. it's so uncertain this day and age. I wish you the best.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Owenstampy
I hope sad isn't an understatement.

They will accept, and even if they didn't agree with it, they wouldn't tell you as they care about you so much.

YOU ARE LOVED. YOU ARE BRILLIANT.

GO AND SPREAD THE LOVE !!!

LOVE IS EVERYWHERE.

ps To anyone out there, I'm always happy to talk over pm

positivity is important however don't be nieve. there will always be good people somewhere. But it's wether the people you surround yourself with now love you for it. they should do and there's no changing that but be careful. not everyone is out to get you but not everyone will embrace you. remember that.
Original post by WhisperWillow
positivity is important however don't be nieve. there will always be good people somewhere. But it's wether the people you surround yourself with now love you for it. they should do and there's no changing that but be careful. not everyone is out to get you but not everyone will embrace you. remember that.

Wise words.

There will always be some bad people out there
Dont be sad that you are Bi be proud, if they are good friends they will understand and support you.
After all said an done your not the first bi person out there and you wont be the last.
Original post by Owenstampy
Wise words.

There will always be some bad people out there

sadly so. we can only strive to be there for those who need us the most
Reply 6
Original post by WhisperWillow
it depends on your school and your friends. do you think they'd judge you. would they out you. who do you trust the most. as difficult as it is, you need to ask the difficult questions as well as the good ones. it's really up to you. could it endanger you to come out or is there a safe place for you to go in case it backfires.

I really do want to say be positive. it really depends on your situation. be careful. sorry if I haven't made it any easier. I just don't want anything bad to happen for you. it's so uncertain this day and age. I wish you the best.

I go to a christian school....because of my parents....but I feel like if I come out everyone in the school will hate me because of who I am
Original post by Ginny2918
I go to a christian school....because of my parents....but I feel like if I come out everyone in the school will hate me because of who I am

sadly I do think it would be best to stay in the closet. for your safety. that's what it's for. what year are you in ? I definately advice that you find comfort within yourself and who you are first. learn to not be ashamed and to be proud. But to be proud silently for now. they don't need to know. and you could be judged for something you cannot control.
for now find a place where they can know but don't judge you. they will help you.

I know it's not fair... but the closet is for your safety. not for shame. please don't be ashamed of this. there is nothing wrong with being bi.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending