Carsie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi is anyone doing physiotherapy with a hearing loss? Any issues and did you mention it in your personal statement?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Carsie)
Hi is anyone doing physiotherapy with a hearing loss? Any issues and did you mention it in your personal statement?
One of my peers who studied SLT had hearing loss, but she was able to wear hearing aids to correct it to within normal limits. If you study an allied health course, you will need to complete an occupational health check. This is where you declare any conditions/medical problems/disabilities that you have. I believe that there is also a section for this on your UCAS application too. When I arrived at university, one of the first checks they did was a hearing test, so it's important to be honest about your hearing if that's part of the process for you.

Also, your personal statement isn't really the place to talk about your hearing loss - it would be more appropriate for your referee to mention it in their reference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (92)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.35%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.58%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.4%

Watched Threads