The Student Room Group

when should I start revising

im in year 12 currently, with mocks coming up end of january and AS exams later. To achieve good AS grades and just in general succeed in A levels when should i start revising to achieve good grades, and how much should I revise for each subject, bearing in mind im doing 4 subjects
Reply 1
You should start revising from your Christmas break at least. When do you break up?
There is honestly no time to waste. And especially since you’re doing 4 subjects... you should start revision as early as possible. I started studying for my A-Levels even during the summer break of year 11 before going into year 12. You don’t need to do absolute masses of revision but do start revision as early as possible and do little at a time. This would be a sensible thing to do. Also you won’t have to stress as much at A2 where the content will quickly build up. Good luck with your exams☺️
(edited 4 years ago)
I would say as early as possible. Right now would be great and maybe gradually do more over time
Reply 4
Original post by 8013
You should start revising from your Christmas break at least. When do you break up?

I started revising after my christmas break, a little late I guess but ill try make up for it. (sorry for late reply I totally forgot about this thread)
Reply 5
Original post by d.ludwikowski
There is honestly no time to waste. And especially since you’re doing 4 subjects... you should start revision as early as possible. I started studying for my A-Levels even during the summer break of year 11 before going into year 12. You don’t need to do absolute masses of revision but do start revision as early as possible and do little at a time. This would be a sensible thing to do. Also you won’t have to stress as much at A2 where the content will quickly build up. Good luck with your exams☺️

Oh looks like I wasted a lot of time then. I started revising beginning of January, but I will try to revise properly so that I can make up for the time wasted. also sorry for late response, and thanks

Quick Reply

Latest