When do I apply for university help.?! Watch

amber2106
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I took a gap year and plan to go yo University in 2020 I know this may seem like a stupid question but when Is the best time for me to start applying and for how long are applications open as I know of some friends who applied closer to exam season.
Any help would be appreciated
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have till 15th of January 2020. As long as you weren't wanting to study medicine/dentistry/veterinary or nursing degrees as the deadline was 15th of October 2019 for 2020 entry.

The best time is whenever you want. I applied in Nov because I wanted to get my responses in earlier so I could focus more on my work in 2020/nearer to exams.

You can't apply anywhere near exam season if you meant summer exams? Unless you meant January mocks lol.
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 1 month ago
A200 2020
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
it is always best to apply as early as possible even if you dont plan on doing dentistry/medicine/vet med because a lot of universities start giving out interviews and offers straight away but you do have until the 15th january to send it.

it is better to send your application later but have your personal statement and everything be perfect than rush to send it in september when it isnt totally perfect
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (74)
15.01%
1 (68)
13.79%
2 (64)
12.98%
20.28%
20.28%
5 (87)
17.65%

Watched Threads