A-levels you can take without taking the subject at GCSEs Watch

Camembart
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!I’m changing my curriculum from cbse to gcse. I am good at theatre and want to do it. But I have an option of taking economics at gcse instead of theatre. I think economics will be more useful in the future. So if I take theatre right now, can I take economics in A-levels?Are there any other subjects you can take at A-levels without doing the same GCSEs? In my new school, history cannot be done at A-levels if you didn’t do it at GCSEs.
dontrevise
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Majority of people I know haven't done economics gcse and they did the a levels, the gcse isn't offered in many schools i dont think. Best thing to be is find it if you need the gcse in the college/sixth form you want to do the a level.
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not a widely offered GCSE so I don't think most schools would expect you to have it. Looking at AQA, for example, the economics GCSE has about a sixth of the uptake of economics A-level, so the vast majority of those doing the A-level won't have done it at GCSE.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's down to your school, but very few 6th forms require the GCSE to do any of Business, Economics, Politics, Psychology or Sociology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (85)
13.34%
1 (86)
13.5%
2 (83)
13.03%
19.31%
21.98%
18.84%

Watched Threads