Drop out of college for Army Watch

jspriggs03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello I am going to the Army Foundation College in Harrogate on the 8th March 2020 to do my Phase 1 Training for the British Army. This is full time education but currently I am at college and to be honest i do **** all at college and was wondering if I could drop out for 3 months until I start the army. Thank you.
Last edited by jspriggs03; 1 month ago
FingersXed84
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jspriggs03)
Hello I am going to the Army Foundation College in Harrogate on the 8th March 2020 to do my Phase 1 Training for the British Army. This is full time education but currently I am at college and to be honest i do **** all at college and was wondering if I could drop out for 3 months until I start the army. Thank you.
Why not? You want to join the army and you aren’t enjoying your course. There are way more important things in life than an education. I tried to join the army but they wouldn’t take me on medical grounds. I wish I had not bothered with education. You’ll be great!
Last edited by FingersXed84; 1 month ago
jspriggs03
Rep:
?
It Wouldn’t be a problem if I dropped out as I’m only 16? But I have a confirmed start date for army.
(Original post by FingersXed84)
Why not? You want to join the army and you aren’t enjoying your course. There are way mire important things in life than an education. I tried to join the army but they wouldn’t take me on medical grounds. I wish I had not bothered with education.
FingersXed84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It Wouldn’t be a problem if I dropped out as I’m only 16? But I have a confirmed start date for army.
Things may have changed but I understood that you could leave education at 16.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FingersXed84)
Things may have changed but I understood that you could leave education at 16.
No, you have to be in full time education until you're 18.

OP, are you 100% confirmed for AFC? No further hurdles or tests?
jspriggs03
Rep:
?
Yeah 100% I have been to assessment centre and had all my medical tests. I am confirmed to start on the 8th March.
FingersXed84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah 100% I have been to assessment centre and had all my medical tests. I am confirmed to start on the 8th March.
I’m Scottish so the rules may be different on England. Why don’t you contact your student advisor? They know all the rules and procedures and will tell you what you need to do. Then you can focus on the next steps.

Congrats on passing all your entrance tests btw!
Dalpx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow. You are only 16? Are you boy or girl?
jspriggs03
Rep:
?
I’m a boy mate
Mr101
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mate i would recommend staying on unless your planning to join a corp such as RE or REME. I stayed on and did my a levels and joined the infantry. I would have joined RE if i only did GCSEs

It sounds like your not doing great if your gonna drop out but by all means if u want to join infantry stay on at school as youll have a hard time getting a job when you come out.

Dont think this as a dig or anything just some honest advice from someone who was in your postion.

If youve any other questions feel free to send a message
Last edited by Mr101; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (66)
27.39%
1 (40)
16.6%
2 (40)
16.6%
3 (33)
13.69%
4 (16)
6.64%
5 (20)
8.3%