The Student Room Group

Repeating two terms from different years (4 year course)

Hi

I have currently on a 4 year course (with a foundation year 0). My study has been as follows:

- Year 0 - Completed (no-repeat)
- Year 1 - Completed (no repeat)
- Year 2 - Completed (repeated the second term / final exams for the year due to medical reasons)
- Year 3 - In Progress (currently attending first term but have been struggling to keep up due to physical / mental health issues)

I have only repeated half a year - am I still eligible to repeat this term in September 2020 ?

Really appreciate any help with the above - cannot find any related info online.

Many thanks
Steve
Hello,

As you’ve repeated part of the course could you confirm how many academic years in total you’ve studied? This may affect your entitlement.

Thanks, Erin N.
Original post by SFE Erin N
Hello,

As you’ve repeated part of the course could you confirm how many academic years in total you’ve studied? This may affect your entitlement.

Thanks, Erin N.

Hi Erin

Thanks for your reply.

I have currently studied 4 years in total after successfully repeating a single term on a 4 year course (see first table below).

Due to medical reasons I will have to repeat the 1st term of my final year for this course, this means that my total academic years will increase to 5 (see second table below).

Please advise if I will be eligible for student finance to cover the costs of my course?

Thanks
Steve

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 11.38.38.png

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 11.39.21.png
Original post by student_sussex
Hi Erin

Thanks for your reply.

I have currently studied 4 years in total after successfully repeating a single term on a 4 year course (see first table below).

Due to medical reasons I will have to repeat the 1st term of my final year for this course, this means that my total academic years will increase to 5 (see second table below).

Please advise if I will be eligible for student finance to cover the costs of my course?

Thanks
Steve

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 11.38.38.png

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 11.39.21.png

Hi there,

As you have already used your additional year of funding then you would need to supply evidence of why you are needing to complete first term again. This is called Compelling Personal Reasons, this will then allow you access to another additional year of funding.

Thanks, Erin
Hi Erin

Thanks for the reply - although bit confused.

I had been told previously by SFE that for a four year course you get 4 years funding + a 'gift year' = 5 years funding.

Considering the above and that I have only repeated half a year (on CPR), surely I have not yet used my gift year?

Best wishes,
Steve
Original post by student_sussex
Hi Erin

Thanks for the reply - although bit confused.

I had been told previously by SFE that for a four year course you get 4 years funding + a 'gift year' = 5 years funding.

Considering the above and that I have only repeated half a year (on CPR), surely I have not yet used my gift year?

Best wishes,
Steve

Even if you have only repeated half a year this is still counted and one full year and would be used as your additional year.

Any further repeats would need to be via Compelling Personal Reasons.

Thanks, Erin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending