The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IH8Studying
People are lying about him. People will pick on you even if you’re the best person in the world. Even if corbyn did win, the worst thing that can happen is nothing happening but Johnson will kill many people with his laws.

So this Labour candidate removed from running didn't actually happen?
Reply 61
Original post by bj27
I dunno, that's an antiquated view. I think there are multiple factors that can't just be attributed to mental and physical health problems. however realistically I don't think there should be as many homeless people as there is?

do I think the issue would get better under Corbyn? yes. do I think he'll find a sustainable way to rehouse homeless people? not a chance.

there are homeless people in every country tho.

I am doing a lot more than any of you.

And do you know every homeless person?

oh come on, not every single homeless person has health issues, let's be realistic.
Original post by Ciel.
there are homeless people in every country tho.

oh come on, not every single homeless person has health issues, let's be realistic.

You’re saying most though.

I thought we were talking about Jeremy Corbyn? Not everyone who supports labour is supporting him for his empathy for people but just to get tuition fees cut and other stuff.
Original post by Ciel.
i'm not on benefits, so who cares? they're free to find a wealthy partner, too. read my previous post, it says "most homeless people are homeless by choice (those who aren't suffering from any health problems, anyway."

I take it you don't use the NHS then, you wouldn't call an ambulance if it was an emergency.
I am doing a lot more than any of you.

How do you know?

I mean, you can't possibly be sure that I don't do ~20hrs of volunteering and instructing with youth groups in inner city Manchester every week, on top of a full time job - that means I pay a handsome amount in tax - for a company that gives away ~£20m to local charities every year.
No, you must be certain that your £3 is a huge amount more than I ever do... :rolleyes:
Look, we've been patient with you so far, but now you're just being rude and assumptive, You don't know a lot of things, but you're here talking as though you're the next great political mind. Learn to accept that other people don't have the same view as you and that doesn't mean they're wrong.
Original post by Drewski
How do you know?
Are you, gasp, making assumptions?

I mean, you can't possibly be sure that I don't do ~20hrs of volunteering and instructing with youth groups in inner city Manchester every week, on top of a full time job - that means I pay a handsome amount in tax - for a company that gives away ~£20m to local charities every year.
No, you must be certain that your £3 is a huge amount more than I ever do... :rolleyes:
Look, kid, we've been patient with you so far, but now you're just being rude, assumptive, and a bit of a prick. You don't know a lot of things, but you're here talking as though you're the next great political mind. Learn when to shut up and accept that other people don't have the same view as you and that doesn't mean they're wrong.

How am I being rude? You’re the one who’s telling me that I’m making no difference by giving a homeless person money.
If I’m the rude one then god knows what you are. I can accept other people have different views than me but not when their views are costing people their lives. I won’t shut up. Literally nobody is forcing you to respond back to me. Nobody.
How am I being rude? You’re the one who’s telling me that I’m making no difference by giving a homeless person money.
If I’m the rude one then god knows what you are. I can accept other people have different views than me but not when their views are costing people their lives. I won’t shut up. Literally nobody is forcing you to respond back to me. Nobody.

I'm saying you're chronically naive for thinking you're changing their world on your own.

And painfully uninformed when it comes to politics.
Reply 68
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
I take it you don't use the NHS then, you wouldn't call an ambulance if it was an emergency.

i don't. it's ****. i use private services (sadly, sometimes they can be ****, too, but hey, at least they are nicer to me). and hell no, i would drag myself to the nearest private hospital on my hands and knees if i had to. i don't have a death wish.
You’re saying most though.

because that's what i believe. anyway, i don't care about them. i don't care about strangers. i don't care about anyone other than my bf, and a couple of friends anymore, and perhaps, my mother. so yeah, if they are too weak to find a way to survive in this world, too bad.
Original post by Drewski
I'm saying you're chronically naive for thinking you're changing their world on your own.

Of course not on my own. There are plenty of people who give charity. But if labour are in power, they can do so much more than my £500 a month.
Original post by Ciel.
i don't. it's ****. i use private services (sadly, sometimes they can be ****, too, but hey, at least they are nicer to me). and hell no, i would drag myself to the nearest private hospital on my hands and knees if i had to. i don't have a death wish.

because that's what i believe. anyway, i don't care about them. i don't care about strangers. i don't care about anyone other than my bf, and a couple of friends anymore, and perhaps, my mother. so yeah, if they are too weak to find a way to survive in this world, too bad.

You admitted that you can’t even survive without your boyfriends help so who are you to judge?
But okay... I can’t change everyone’s mind.
Of course not on my own.

So get off your arse and do more then.

I work 40hrs a week and then volunteer - on average - another 20. Give your time to something.
Reply 72
You admitted that you can’t even survive without your boyfriends help so who are you to judge?
But okay... I can’t change everyone’s mind.

i would survive, if i had no choice. i'd just do cam shows. it's decent money. of course, i'd rather not, considering i'm trying to make it in the art industry.
Original post by Drewski
So get off your arse and do more then.

I work 40hrs a week and then volunteer - on average - another 20. Give your time to something.

I can only do so much. I also have things to pay for. I have 4 illnesses that require a lot of money. And other important things to pay for. I’m not sitting at home doing nothing all day. I’m trying.
Original post by Ciel.
i would survive, if i had no choice. i'd just do cam shows. it's decent money. of course, i'd rather not, considering i'm trying to make it in the art industry.

ok then. You have ur opinion and I have mine.
I thought we were talking about Jeremy Corbyn? Not everyone who supports labour is supporting him for his empathy for people but just to get tuition fees cut and other stuff.

He is the leader of the Labour party and now he want to be leader of the UK. He isn't doing a great job of the former.
I can only do so much. I also have things to pay for. I have 4 illnesses that require a lot of money. And other important things to pay for. I’m not sitting at home doing nothing all day. I’m trying.

So don't belittle those that do.

And, for the record, I too have a chronic illness that I have to manage. I just get on with it.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
He is the leader of the Labour party and now he want to be leader of the UK. He isn't doing a great job of the former.

But that’s not him. So if you can provide a link of what he actually said that’s hurtful than please do. Saying israel is a problem isn’t one
But that’s not him. So if you can provide a link of what he actually said that’s hurtful than please do. Saying israel is a problem isn’t one

He is the leader, he is responsible for his party.

Do you blame the soldier that shot the civilian or do you blame the country that he serves?
Original post by Drewski
So don't belittle those that do.

And, for the record, I too have a chronic illness that I have to manage. I just get on with it.

I’m not!!! Everyone can make a difference. Homelessness is a huge issue and I believe corbyn can help with that. I’m not saying £3 is changing someone’s life but it’s contributing to it.

Just because you can “get on with it” not everyone else can. Some of us are actually struggling. It’s not a completion who can manage things better.

Latest

Trending

Trending