The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IH8Studying
I’m not saying £3 is changing someone’s life

That's literally exactly what you said :rolleyes:
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
He is the leader, he is responsible for his party.

Do you blame the soldier that shot the civilian or do you blame the country that he serves?

He is not responsible for what his supporters believe. What he actually said matters.
He is not responsible for what his supporters believe. What he actually said matters.

He's the leader. It's his party. He's responsible. That's the point of leadership.
Original post by Drewski
That's literally exactly what you said :rolleyes:

You know what I mean by it now so why are you still so focused on that? Lol. You have nothing else to say to everything else which is why you’re choosing to act like you don’t know what I’m saying.
Original post by Drewski
He's the leader. It's his party. He's responsible. That's the point of leadership.

So if I hated lesbians but corbyn doesn’t, that means he is responsible for what is coming out of my mouth?

Ok then that means anyone who supports Johnson is a homophobic racist.
You know what I mean by it now so why are you still so focused on that? Lol. You have nothing else to say to everything else which is why you’re choosing to act like you don’t know what I’m saying.

I'm not choosing it, it's a natural reaction to the fact that you don't know what you're saying...
imo anti-Semitism has no place in society, as most people (hopefully) get - the danger is when this is confused with any criticism of the state of Israel or their actions against Palestine, which must be scrutinised
Original post by Drewski
I'm not choosing it, it's a natural reaction to the fact that you don't know what you're saying...

But now you do... so why are you still so focused on that? And actually respond to my points.
So if I hated lesbians but corbyn doesn’t, that means he is responsible for what is coming out of my mouth?

It means he would be responsible for the party's reaction to your saying that, your discipline process, and your removal from the party.

It's not his fault you've said something stupid, but it's his fault the party hasn't done anything about a- challenging the view, b- vetting you, and c- getting rid of you when you've spouted the nonsense.

But now you do... so why are you still so focused on that? And actually respond to my points.

When you make them I will.
Original post by Drewski

I do and you have provided no actual evidence for anything you have said. Instead just called me rude, naive and basically calling me a child. You’re making this more complicated than it is.

He is responsible for his MPs and how they are handled.
Original post by Drewski
It means he would be responsible for the party's reaction to your saying that, your discipline process, and your removal from the party.

It's not his fault you've said something stupid, but it's his fault the party hasn't done anything about a- challenging the view, b- vetting you, and c- getting rid of you when you've spouted the nonsense.

When you make them I will.

It’s like i’m talking to a brick wall. Show me evidence he has supported terrorism and maybe then I will “shut up”. It doesn’t take a genius to know someone’s character. I admit I don’t know much about politics but I definitely know that I wouldn’t want a heartless person running this country. So instead of trying to cause an argument, just show me evidence to this support of terrorism and I will finally leave 😂
He is responsible for his MPs and how they are handled.

Ok so they removed her from the party. Did you want them to keep her or??? Also it doesn’t say what she actually said.
It’s like i’m talking to a brick wall. Show me evidence he has supported terrorism and maybe then I will “shut up”. It doesn’t take a genius to know someone’s character. I admit I don’t know much about politics but I definitely know that I wouldn’t want a heartless person running this country. So instead of trying to cause an argument, just show me evidence to this support of terrorism and I will finally leave 😂

And I said at the time that I didn't want to present a one sided argument and that you should look it up yourself to make your own mind up.

But, since you're a typical Labour supporter (ie, like having someone else do everything for you), here you go;
https://www.theweek.co.uk/100943/fact-check-is-jeremy-corbyn-a-terrorist-sympathiser
That's just one article, referring to just two events. There are more. And there are numerous remarks during his many years in politics when he's been a raging hypocrite.
Original post by Drewski
And I said at the time that I didn't want to present a one sided argument and that you should look it up yourself to make your own mind up.

But, since you're a typical Labour supporter (ie, like having someone else do everything for you), here you go;
https://www.theweek.co.uk/100943/fact-check-is-jeremy-corbyn-a-terrorist-sympathiser
That's just one article, referring to just two events. There are more. And there are numerous remarks during his many years in politics when he's been a raging hypocrite.

I don’t see anything wrong. I also side with Palestine.

You just love throwing insults around don’t you?
Is it that hard for you to respond with a post that doesn’t have any accusations about me? I’m not even thinking about myself when I vote for labour. I’m thinking about people who don’t have the same opportunities I do to be successful. Like immigrants.

Given you think the sun shines out of his every orifice and that St Jeremy can do no wrong, I'm not surprised.

But even the most basic of critical thinkers could understand why others might have reservations about him and cult of personality that's been created around him.
Original post by Drewski
Given you think the sun shines out of his every orifice and that St Jeremy can do no wrong, I'm not surprised.

But even the most basic of critical thinkers could understand why others might have reservations about him and cult of personality that's been created around him.

I can understand how Israelis might take this the wrong way and he apologised for that but his intentions are pure. Of course it doesn’t feel good to accept that your country has a big issue with terrorism. I know my country does. But they have to be addressed to move forward. But he is not saying Israelis are bad people or saying he sides with terrorists. Palestine isn’t an angel place but Israel is the bigger problem. Just accept that... it doesn't hurt.

You just love throwing insults around don’t you?
Is it that hard for you to respond with a post that doesn’t have any accusations about me? I’m not even thinking about myself when I vote for labour. I’m thinking about people who don’t have the same opportunities I do to be successful. Like immigrants.

Do you support Hamas?
Do you support Hamas?

No and I’m glad you asked rather than saying I do. Hamas doesn’t encourage peace. War isn’t the solution.
Just because you can “get on with it” not everyone else can. Some of us are actually struggling.

Just accept that... it doesn't hurt.

How are these two statements different?

Latest

Trending

Trending