Student loan and Welsh learning grant stuck in limbo. Watch

SteveCJames
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So has anyone else experienced this, as I signed up last minute I was advised to take an OUSBA loan to pay my course and then switch the payment method once my student loan and Welsh learning grant were approved.

They have now been approved but because the OU didn't ask me the loan eligibility questions their system will not allow them to switch the payment method. As the loan is already approved the software will not allow the OU to access the section for loan eligibility to mark the questions as asked. As a consequence of this their system will not allow them to confirm I am attending the course with student finance wales as it is all linked.

The net result, I am paying for the course, am studying the course however my student loan is awaiting confirmation as is my Welsh learning grant (all approved) and the OU have no idea of how to resolve it as it can't be done manually. Latest info is that they are contacting the software developer for a fix, I dread to think how long that will take.

Am I the only person who has had this issue?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (22)
25.88%
1 (9)
10.59%
2 (15)
17.65%
3 (11)
12.94%
4 (7)
8.24%
5 (9)
10.59%