Andielo1230
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have just received an interview offer from Manchester uni for Neuroscience, however I applied for four Medicine options therefore my personal statement is catered for Medicine and I need to re-write it.

I was wondering how different you'd recommend the statements to be, as they have read both and it feels a little strange making it totally different when they have already read one on me selling myself towards Medicine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ) Thanks!
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Andielo1230)
I have just received an interview offer from Manchester uni for Neuroscience, however I applied for four Medicine options therefore my personal statement is catered for Medicine and I need to re-write it.

I was wondering how different you'd recommend the statements to be, as they have read both and it feels a little strange making it totally different when they have already read one on me selling myself towards Medicine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ) Thanks!
I have moved your thread as your question is mainly about neuroscience and not medicine.

Neuroscience (and biomedical sciences etc) admissions tutors are well used to their course being used as back up for medicine, so it doesn't really matter.

If they are willing to interview you, you wouldn't have done too bad. Just go in and be prepared to answer Qs like "why neuroscience" and "why Manchester" and you should be fine.

I wouldn't even waste time drafting another PS.
Andielo1230
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I have moved your thread as your question is mainly about neuroscience and not medicine.

Neuroscience (and biomedical sciences etc) admissions tutors are well used to their course being used as back up for medicine, so it doesn't really matter.

If they are willing to interview you, you wouldn't have done too bad. Just go in and be prepared to answer Qs like "why neuroscience" and "why Manchester" and you should be fine.

Thank you, that's really helpful

They have told me to write another personal statement, suggesting that they do take some consideration. I just don't know whether to lightly edit the medicine one or re-write the whole thing.
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)

Manchester does ask biol and biomed applicants to send another PS if they're applying for their non-Medicine choice.

This from their website (https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/stu...y/interview/):

What is an alternative personal statement?
If you are also applying for medicine, dentistry, veterinary science or pharmacy, either at the University of Manchester or elsewhere, then we are aware your personal statement will be tailored to that course.

You should write an additional personal statement which explains your interest in the biological or biomedical course you have applied for. This should include your UCAS ID number and be emailed [email protected] no later than the Friday prior to your interview so that your interviewer can read it before the day.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 学生の父)
Manchester does ask biol and biomed applicants to send another PS if they're applying for their non-Medicine choice.

This from their website (https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/stu...y/interview/):

What is an alternative personal statement?
If you are also applying for medicine, dentistry, veterinary science or pharmacy, either at the University of Manchester or elsewhere, then we are aware your personal statement will be tailored to that course.

You should write an additional personal statement which explains your interest in the biological or biomedical course you have applied for. This should include your UCAS ID number and be emailed [email protected] no later than the Friday prior to your interview so that your interviewer can read it before the day.
Thanks! Every day is a school day

(Disclaimer: I applied to UCL with a med personal statement and got an offer without an interview)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (412)
67.21%
No (201)
32.79%

Watched Threads