Turn on thread page Beta

Creative writing competition. watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this has been done before so I thought I would give it a try.

I'm asking you to submit a section of your english coursework (if you still have it on your computer) or any piece of descriptive writing that you are particulary proud of.

I WILL SEND THE WINNER £1,000,000 OVER PAYPAL

Rules and Tips:

No plagiarism.

Keep it short and sweet.

If it's bloody it's usually bloody crap. You're welcome to prove me wrong though.

No stories.

I'll probably end up choosing the winner or I'll make a poll to decide if this thread gets popular.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I wrote this wee extract when I was 13 as part of one of my Year 9 English projects:

Spoiler:
    Show
    [Removed 'cos it's just too weird for my 21-year-old self to nostalge about.]

I swear, I must have been pretty ****ed up :p:

MILYUN POWNDZ PLZKTHX!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr-tom)
    I WILL SEND THE WINNER £1,000,000 OVER PAYPAL
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I was going to make a pun about epic poetry, but I failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    I wrote this wee extract when I was 13 as part of one of my Year 9 English projects:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The bullet shot through the wall, leaving her collapsed on the floor. No blood, no scream, only shock. He had done this on purpose, because three hours wait didn't do much for his levels of entertainment, and he had better plans for this one. Smiling to himself, he dragged the unconscious woman by her ankle into the nearest room where he left her and exited the room to search the house. On his short journey down the long, narrow corridors, in the large rooms and under the leaking ceilings, he found various things he considered useful for his twisted misogynistic desires for this job: a poker, an old rusty saw and an iron. He made his way down the staircase and back into the room where he would carry out these warped ideas of fun. He arrived, humming to himself as he lay down his 'instruments' in order. "Hot, then cold, then blunt, then sharp," he sang to himself, repeating it like a mantra. He jolted as the woman thrust her fist into t he back of his head. Turning around to see what hit him, he fell back as she threw all her weight onto him. Struggling from underneath, gasping for air, he reached for his liquid nitrogen bottle. He had to be quick – he wasn't used to panicking situations like this one. He quickly threw it onto her elbow, which caused her to scream loudly and grab hold of it. Now or never, he thought, as he poured yet more all the way down her arm. "You think you could get the better of me?" he laughed, as he picked up a poker.

Yelping in agony, the woman scrambled to the far corner of the room. He followed her. The arm will have gone now, he thought, as he pierced her arm with his poker. Much to his amusement it fell off, leaving her in yet more agony. From the painful howling, he could make out the words, "kill me." He thought it was too soon, but decided that his three-hour's wait had been repaid. Returning to his inventory of instruments, he picked out the rusty saw. "Not long now," he calmly said to the woman, "not long now."

I swear, I must have been pretty ****ed up :p:

MILYUN POWNDZ PLZKTHX!
    If people could do the same with the spoiler majiggy it would be helpful.

ReputationRep:
    i smell a rat

ReputationRep:
    I have hundreds of small stories, unfortunately I'm not posting them here, even though I could win all that money :no:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like some evidence of your capability to give £1,000,000.

ReputationRep:
    I got away with sending in a ton of poetry for mine ~ somehow I'm guessing that's not what you're looking for XD

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you just cant be bothered to do an assignment you have been given aey?

ReputationRep:
    Not putting any of my writing online, could damage any chance of it being published. Sad, but true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    I'd like some evidence of your capability to give £1,000,000.
    Sorry I meant 1,000,000 ZWD. Basically the same though...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure your teacher would much rather you did your homework yourself.

ReputationRep:
    If people could do the same with the spoiler majiggy it would be helpful.
    how the frig does one do that majiggy?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course it is. That'll buy a few, erm, loaves of bread.

ReputationRep:
    Fine, I'll enter. But I better get my 33p.

Spoiler:
    Show

edit: Added entry
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    Fine, I'll enter. But I better get my 33p.
    Zimbabwean $1,000,000 = British 0.00269p

33p = ZWD $12,269,663,910.33

Pretty bad innit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Yes, of course it is. That'll buy a few, erm, loaves of bread.
    i wouldn't be so sure of that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Not putting any of my writing online, could damage any chance of it being published. Sad, but true.
    True! I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    Zimbabwean $1,000,000 = British 0.00269p

33p = ZWD $12,269,663,910.33

Pretty bad innit?
    Really?! Must have used a dodgy currency site:

http://coinmill.com/GBP_ZWD.html

A country where penny sweets cost $370,000,000 - it's terrible :no:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.