Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, basically i finished uni a few weeks ago, and because i only have a weekend job, i'm stuck for things to do during the week. I'm also pretty skint. So the obvious option would be to get a second job. Thing is though, someone at work is leaving (although hasn't got a job yet) and i have the opportunity to get her shifts once she goes, so working 5 days a week. Only problem is, i'll be changing jobs in late september/october anyway for when i move to uni, so by the time i do get her job there'll hardly be any point because i'll be leaving anyway, but i don't know that. I'm getting loads of extra shifts for two weeks at the start of August because someone is on holiday, so i've got that opportunity already, and also i might be doing some paid work experience when they get back to me about it.

I just don't know whether to just wait and see what happens with my job, it saves hassle finding a new job...but then i might waste time when i could be working, or to get a second job for during the week and risk there being hardly any point in working in that job for just two months and missing the chance to extend my hours. And to make it even more complicated, my job at the moment pays minimum wage, which isn't much compared to some jobs, and it's half an hour away.

I just don't see any point in either changing jobs altogether or getting a second job if i'm only gonna be in that job for a couple of months. Sorry this is so complicated but can anyone offer any advice?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.