Turn on thread page Beta

tax disk out of date by 13 days. will i get a rollockin'? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i went on holiday and got ill and the reminder had fallen down behind the desk and I haven't driven the car in a bit.

Am i going to get a massive fine, like £1000 which they claim they will? I'm kinda worried now and the car is parked on the road grrr.

Of course i'll be down to the post office tomorrow morning to renue, but what will happen if i tax my car then day later or something I get a fine in the post, would i still have to pay?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there should be a problem..Just go down to the post office and get it sorted asap.

ReputationRep:
    Do they still give you about 14 days grace after it's run out?

ReputationRep:
    do they *******s,

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure if you don't renew it/declare it sorn/inform the dvla what's happening in a certain time they automatically send you out an £80 fine. So you may be unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    Lol relax. Just say it’s been off the road if anybody asks. Having a car without tax is totally legal – it’s just a crime to drive it. So pray no automated-number-plate-recognition-camera has spotted you in the last 13 days on the road!

I’ve been driving round the area without a license or tax or insurance regularly for months! Just in the daytime when I seem legit and I’ve only been stopped once and blagging your way out of it is just so ****ing easy! I’m not stupid enough to leave the area and go on big roads or motorways though!

And my parents have 3 cars ‘off the road’ without tax, the DVLA sends you a letter ‘reminding’ you that the cars are not taxed and it is a crime to drive them, but they don’t so it’s cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gren1TI)
    I’ve been driving round the area without a license or tax or insurance regularly for months! Just in the daytime when I seem legit and I’ve only been stopped once and blagging your way out of it is just so ****ing easy! I’m not stupid enough to leave the area and go on big roads or motorways though!
    You're an idiot. What would you do if you hit someone?

Oh, and careful what you admit on the internet, you never know who's reading this...

ReputationRep:
    I didnt pay my tax for a whole month a few months back because I didnt relaise it was out of date and I never got a reminder, when I went to the PO she just said "oh there has been a break in you tax can you tell me why?" and so I told her and she said ok just contact the DVLA. I then had to write my car make and model name and address and a short letter to my local DVLA saying that I had not paid it. They then sent me an invoice for £10 which I owed for that month and I sent them a cheque, and tada! sorted!

ReputationRep:
    Lol relax. Just say it’s been off the road if anybody asks. Having a car without tax is totally legal – it’s just a crime to drive it. So pray no automated-number-plate-recognition-camera has spotted you in the last 13 days on the road!

And my parents have 3 cars ‘off the road’ without tax, the DVLA sends you a letter ‘reminding’ you that the cars are not taxed and it is a crime to drive them, but they don’t so it’s cool!
    it people like you that make our insurance costs so high! so i just wanted to say thanks and I hope you trip over and knock out your front teeth!

ReputationRep:
    Bless your self-deprecating signature

We bought a tax disc but it never arrived in the post, we forgot about it and drove the car for a good 6 months before realising we had no tax disc. No policemen noticed, not even us driving the car. As long as your sort it now I'm sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    That's despicable. I hope you grow up sometime and learn to respect the laws of this country like the rest of us.

ReputationRep:
    are you allowed to use other tax disks from other cars or are there things to identify them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Apprentice)
    are you allowed to use other tax disks from other cars or are there things to identify them?
    Tax disc has your reg number and car make on it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 14, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.