The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
joker_900
Anyway, the non-sensical reasons are rather stupid, but I suspect you misunderstood her, misrepresented her, or she's crazy.

She probably is crazy, as I said before, she has severalrestraining orders and spends most of her time trying to get into schools.

Anyway..
'We have the technology to live a healthy vegan diet and the intelligence to assess it's morality. We don't take cues from animals to decide on any other aspects of our lives, why would we for this?'
We may have the technology to enable us to eat vegan, but we weren't built to do so. I personally like meat and cheese, so I choose to eat it. I will try and reduce my meat intake, as I know I don't need as much as I do eat, and there are some very nice veggie dishes.

'You can't use religion to debate. Besides, God gave me the ability to kill humans, he also gave me the ability to decide whether it is right to choose to do so.'
I can if I want to. Without religion, my argument would be 'we have a choice'. Doesn't really affect it at all. I make a distinction between humans and animals, and I have decided it is ok to eat animals but not humans, but it is MY decision.

'- Loads of things cause cancer, rocks and buildings cause cancer (C-14)
And?'
She tried to say a reason for not cooking food is that a chemical is produced that causes cancer when cooked. As most things in the world increase the risk of cancer I do not take this as a valid reason in itself to stop eating cooked food.

'A vegan world is not stone age?!? Surely if we were all vegan we would be closer to living in harmony with the environment - we would live, and there would be self-contained ecosystems in the unoccupied regions. At the moment we control the environment or destroy it. e.g. 90% of sharks have been wiped out in the last 30 years, having survived the last 450 million years without us. Given that humanity is responsible for one of the fastest known extinction events, I think you're ideal of harmony is not happening.'
Her ideal was we all ate raw vegetables, in order to save the planet. If she was that passionate about the environment, we should not use any electricity, not remove any natural resources, and therefore all live in caves. Veganism is not stone age, but not using any of man's inventions is.
I know the harmony is not happening at the moment which is why we should strive to achieve this.

'- It is not in the governments interest to landfill everything!
Not sure what this has to do with veganism, but in fact it's not in humanity's interest to landfill everything. It's in the Government's interest to do whatever is cheapest for the short amount of time they're in office'
She was rubbishing (no pun intended) what we were taught in school. Suprisingly the government is part of humanity. Partly they will be influenced by what to do to remain in power, but they will also be influenced by a human desire to stay alive.

Random question, would it be possible to be a healthy vegan and have a nut allergy, without just relying on soya?
Reply 61
That's the one! She's not that scary, I feel sorry for her, she could do something so much more productive with her life.
Reply 62
Incisors arent for eating vegetables!
joker_900
We are aiming to achieve a better world.

I don't wear leather, and I don't use anything where the animal died. Even if I did, I really despise people like you who try to make vegis, who are trying to do their bit, seem like hypocrites just to make yourself feel better. It's pathetic. It's like criticising Bob Geldof for not giving away all his money - he still does more than his fair share.

Its not though really is it?

Read my sig. silly.
No. Animals are tasty.
Yes im vegan. For environmental reasons and because i dont believe we should have power or control over an animals life.

Latest

Trending

Trending