Turn on thread page Beta

Drugs Bust? watch

Announcements

Keep this anon for obvious reasons-

Right my best mate does drugs a LOT, as does her boyfriend. He wants me to take him up to this guys house to pick up tonight, and i thought maybe i should go, get the address and report it to the police, but do you think then she will know its me and hate me? or he will turn on me? Also how likely is it that the police would do anything if i dont have proof, just an address? I just want her to stop, and i dont like this guy who is the dealer. Should i just leave it?

Thanks for any advice!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say don't take him.

ReputationRep:
    I would say... don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I used to use the bus there were always adverts for a number to call if you knew someone who dealt drugs, so I'm sure they would do something about it. Although not sure if they would turn up there and then to deal with it. And it's supposed to be anonymous, but that's not to say they might not suspect you for reporting it, if they have any reason to.

ReputationRep:
    If you reported it i am guessing the fuzz would log it and if they repeatedly get complaints about the same person they would do something. I would just not get involved tbh.

Also is their any particular reason you want her to stop other than your morals, if not then leave them alone to do what they want.

ReputationRep:
    but what would happen if i did report it? i'm trying to think of the greater good here, ie, utting off their supply

ReputationRep:
    lol, **** being anoymous

ReputationRep:
    Looks like your plan fell apart, dearest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyncMaster710)
    If you reported it i am guessing the fuzz would log it and if they repeatedly get complaints about the same person they would do something. I would just not get involved tbh.

Also is their any particular reason you want her to stop other than your morals, if not then leave them alone to do what they want.
    yeah, im going to the army soon, and she is supposed to be looking after my flat...i dont want drugs in it, iv told her, and she said ok, but.....

dont believe her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchie_rox)
    but what would happen if i did report it? i'm trying to think of the greater good here, ie, utting off their supply
    Chances are, they will know someone else, or know someone who knows someone who would be able to supply to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdt)
    Looks like your plan fell apart, dearest.
    my plan?

ReputationRep:
    That won't stop your best mate taking drugs. Even if her dealer is gone, she'll find a new place to get it. You're looking for too easy a solution.

if you report him and your friend finds out then chances are she will fall out with you. is it worth that?
    and if she said she wont do drugs in your flat you need to belive her else she isnt the person to trust with the task.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    if you report him and your friend finds out then chances are she will fall out with you. is it worth that?
    and if she said she wont do drugs in your flat you need to belive her else she isnt the person to trust with the task.
    My question is could they find out?Could i report it anoymously? Its worth it if it stops her def.

Shes the only one who can, my flat isnt cheap, my other mates cant afford it.

ReputationRep:
    I would report it, you can do it anonymously.

And if it has a chance of stopping her, would you rather the police raid your flat when you are away? That's my view anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanthel)
    I would report it, you can do it anonymously.

And if it has a chance of stopping her, would you rather the police raid your flat when you are away? That's my view anyway
    Not really when im looking to join the RMP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchie_rox)
    Not really when im looking to join the RMP
    Well in that case if there was any chance that it becomes clear to the authorities you are withelding information, that on your record will look bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanthel)
    Well in that case if there was any chance that it becomes clear to the authorities you are withelding information, that on your record will look bad.
    yup, hence my little predicament here...ah well, i'll see what happens..

ReputationRep:
    Nobody likes a grass ( Especially drug dealers )

ReputationRep:
    well of course not but I can't see how they'd know it's you

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.