Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone a member? Anyone tried joining it?

Seeing as the average GCSEs are 10A*s on here, we must have a few..

ReputationRep:
    Nope. The idea has never interested me.

ReputationRep:
    I passed the test, but couldn't be bothered to fork out the fourty quid ^.^''

ReputationRep:
    I'm in it, obviously.

edit before people take me seriously; I'm not really.

ReputationRep:
    I was a member of Mensa but did not become active. Just paid my subs and read their mags and info. If you become an active member I think you would have an interesting time.

ReputationRep:
    I got the thing through but never applied. A article a while ago suggested that it doesn't matter how many a* you get, it's how your brain works.

Good luck if you do apply though, it's quite scary to think that there are 3 year old who are mensa members!

ReputationRep:
    I tried for it a year or two ago.
    I didn't really like the test - I don't mind these things being timed, but I do mind each SECTION being timed separately. While I was sitting twiddling my thumbs at the end of the word sections, I was racing to finish with the logic/maths/shapes sections, having not had the precious extra seconds from the end of the word sections where I'd been sat doing nothing, which rather seemed a shame.
    Needless to say I didn't get in :p: (though saying that, apparently I only missed out by a couple of marks)

ReputationRep:
    It's ironic that the only people who join are stuck up idiots

ReputationRep:
    I tried to apply, but when I saw the fees you have to pay to get it marked and stuff I just gave up. Didn't think it was worth it.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: I failed to become a member of Mensa I had an IQ test done when i was 8 in order to try and get in but i only got and IQ of 138 which wasn't good enough for Mensa

ReputationRep:
    Mensa= con!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Rawlings)
    :rolleyes: I failed to become a member of Mensa I had an IQ test done when i was 8 in order to try and get in but i only got and IQ of 138 which wasn't good enough for Mensa
    Still an excellent IQ score since the average is 100 but not good enough for Mensa; i don't care really to be honest.

Yes I'm a member. Non-active though.

Meetings are just intellectual supremist bull.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I've been a member since I was 13. I'm not particularly active...but it's nice to be a member, nonetheless. The humour newsletter is worth it alone! Plus, my dad still pays the fee. :five: The only bad thing is the spiteful comments from people who seem to think being a Mensan means you think you're better than everyone else. That's not the case at all

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think I'm smart enough to be a member, I'm happy kidding myself. :P Why would I take the test and ruin that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by openbookuk)
    I was a member of Mensa but did not become active. Just paid my subs and read their mags and info. If you become an active member I think you would have an interesting time.
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macey-muse)
    I passed the test, but couldn't be bothered to fork out the fourty quid ^.^''
    you'd probably have needed to know how to spell forty anyway

ReputationRep:
    I was 1% away from being eligible!

But it's not a great organisation anyway really; university societies are better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Fourty is the correct way unless you're American. And seeing how you're probably French, it seals the deal.:woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    No, they have two tests: one on general reasoning and one numerical test, both being separate and both allowing entry to MENSA. Why so picky about other people's spelling anyway? :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.