Cardiff University Pharmacy Interview 2020 entry

Watch
miadf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've recently been invited to an interview for the pharmacy course at Cardiff University and was wondering if anyone has any advice? I would be grateful for any tips . Also does anyone know if I need to bring anything with me such as pen, paper, calculator etc?
Advertisement
HSAHLALL
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why would u need a calculator? I have interview on wed!!
miadf
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by HSAHLALL)
why would u need a calculator? I have interview on wed!!
I thought there was a maths test as part of the interview however I might be mistaken, I know some universities do it. My interview is on Wednesday too, good luck!!
Advertisement
zinzibar176
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm probably too late to help anyone this year but in case it helps others next year, my Cardiff interview was so lovely! Such nice members of staff who seem to genuinely want you to do well. I wasn't asked any sort of calculation questions, or A-level specific questions. The interviewer said "we already have your predicted grades so we know you can do all that stuff". The interview took place in a staff member's office with just me and him and he was so friendly! Really just asked the basic questions "why do you want to study pharmacy" and "why do you think you'd make a good pharmacist". Sometimes even prompted me if it seemed like i was maybe going on a tangent or not answering the question properly which i really appreciated. He seemed really interested in any experience i had, and asked me to comment on some of my experiences i had noted in my personal statement, but the whole thing was very chilled out and the next evening i got my offer!
miadf
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by zinzibar176)
I'm probably too late to help anyone this year but in case it helps others next year, my Cardiff interview was so lovely! Such nice members of staff who seem to genuinely want you to do well. I wasn't asked any sort of calculation questions, or A-level specific questions. The interviewer said "we already have your predicted grades so we know you can do all that stuff". The interview took place in a staff member's office with just me and him and he was so friendly! Really just asked the basic questions "why do you want to study pharmacy" and "why do you think you'd make a good pharmacist". Sometimes even prompted me if it seemed like i was maybe going on a tangent or not answering the question properly which i really appreciated. He seemed really interested in any experience i had, and asked me to comment on some of my experiences i had noted in my personal statement, but the whole thing was very chilled out and the next evening i got my offer!
I felt the same! I was definitely worried about nothing it was the nicest interview I had and everyone was so welcoming. Congratulations on ur offer!
Advertisement
zinzibar176
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by miadf)
I felt the same! I was definitely worried about nothing it was the nicest interview I had and everyone was so welcoming. Congratulations on ur offer!
Thanks!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (68)
66.67%
I don't have everything I need (34)
33.33%

Watched Threads