Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This has made me frustrated, angry, confused and at some occasions, happy.

I met this girl (at the start of sixth form), never seen her before, even though she had been to the school for 5 years.
    We got talking, bit of flirting, the usual really.

I asked her out about a month later, to which she replied "possibly"
    Having heard of stories where "maybe" and "possibly" have been used, i took this as no, and was gutted!!!

All was not lost, we continued to talk, have a laugh etc etc. I eventually asked her if she had thought of what i had asked, she said yes! and we were together for about 2 weeks *eyes roll* before it just ended. Quite suddenly tbh.

More time passed, and for some reason we became close again, and I, knowing what would happen, stupidly let it happen. and then out of the blue, after a month of the flirting, she announced she was seeing someone else.
    I knew summin would happen to knock me flying, but not that!!!

I accepted it, walked away without losing much dignity, but without making a tit of myself.
    Until last week, when i met her at my mates house party, and we talked of old times (there was alot to talk about, lol). well to cut it short, i ended up sharing a makeshift bed. (she is still with this guy she met before). She that she iniated the whole sharing a bed thing and all that followed, and we were sober. she also didnt seem to regret it when we woke up.
    What the hell should i do now?

Sometimes i wanna try and get together with her. Sometimes i feel i never wanna see her again, and sometimes i think i should forget about that night, and quit while im ahead (slightly)
    ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the essay, buts its complicated!

ReputationRep:
    From reading that twice, it seems like she wants you to ask her out again, maybe she thinks you only wanna be mates with her

ReputationRep:
    I could make a brooch, or a pterodactyl...

I mean.
    I think she's just messing around with you, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    she clearly needs to make her mind up! Talk to her about it and see what she says - maybe she wants you to ask her out again or maybe it was just a one off thing.

ReputationRep:
    I still like her, and was really gutted when she told me she was with someone else.
    well can there be any harm in talking to her?
    Whats the worst that could happen!!

Im useless at this sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)

Quit while you're ahead, mate. She sounds confused, and a confused girl is not (normally) a good girlfriend...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Doesn't seem like she wants anything serious from what you say...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blitz24)
    I still like her, and was really gutted when she told me she was with someone else.
    well can there be any harm in talking to her?
    Whats the worst that could happen!!

Im useless at this sort of thing.
    Dude don't give up, ask her where you stand with her.

Honestly, how many girls would just have sex for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    it was great,
    but i dont wanna be ******* buddies all the time!
    Im gonna organise to meet up next week, have a chat.

ReputationRep:
    She is playing with you, love

ReputationRep:
    We don't really know enough about her to judge her motive, you better talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    Hahahahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    mate... you have a friend with benefits!! be happy, you can have sex and do whatever you want and practice lol, without any strings attached.
    but i shouldnt be saying tht hehe
    id leave it, if shes happy to do tht with you, imagine what she would do if she was with you, you would be so down if she broke up with you cuz she cheated, and you wouldnt trust her. so i think dont go near her, keep her as a friend (with benefits) and leave it at tht! good luck

ReputationRep:
    ouch!
    confront her, ask her one last time, and if she refuses or agrees ask her not to mess you around ever again!
    quite possibly the same things happening with this other guy shes with, and when he leaves her she goes back to you.

ReputationRep:
    cheers for the help guys.

I asked her today about everything.
    She said that she shouldnt have done anything that night, and that despite the fact she still likes me (as more than a friend) she cant go any further than friends because she has a bf!

Seriously mixed up, who would have thought that goin up to someone at the start of the year and sayin hi could result in this!
    Im gonna leave it, continue living, and if she comes to me, i'll consider it again!

ReputationRep:
    I was in exactly the same situation last month but it had been going on for about a year were we'd see each other have sex or whatever, then he'd get a new girlfriend or something I did the only thing I could do and walked away, seriously relationships like this are too self destructive your best of walking away

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.