Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever met up with somebody from the internet? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey Hepburn)
    Never - I'm too scared of paedophiles. (though what they'd want with me now I'm 18 I don't know) - I blame my Mum! :cry:
    I thought we were meeting up for casual sex?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I met up with some people I met on TSR at my sixth form induction day.

ReputationRep:
    I havent yet but there are some that I intend to in the future - ofc people who I have known for ages now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtired)
    I thought we were meeting up for casual sex?
    You don't count - I know you're not a pedophile, it'd be too obvious :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have met people from the internet in real life and they have always been great. I go on another forum and from time to time we do a meet , basically its just a pee up. I have been to Blackpool and was recently in Manchester for the weekend with them. Theres always a large group so its all ok. I wouldnt , however, meet any man from the net.....wouldnt be allowed to anyway thankfully , I"m married.

ReputationRep:
    Hell NO!

Yeah, a few years ago. It went well.

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    nope, but I wouldn't rule it out

ReputationRep:
    I have and it was fine, yet despite that I am very much opposed to it. If someone asked, I imagine I'd probably agree though. My opinions on the matter are somewhat muddled...

ReputationRep:
    I did. She was my girlfriend for a bit. She was a psycho

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, met a good dutch friend online, we talk pretty much every day, visit each other every now and then. It was actualy very wierd circumstances in which we met - I think it was fate

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've met up with people who I'd met first on the internet, but that's only people on facebook and TSR who were were going to the same college or going to do the same course as me at university, and I would probably have met them all anyway so the internet thing was incidental.

So I've not properly met up with someone from the internet simply from knowing them online, but there's someone I'd like to and hopefully will soon

ReputationRep:
    Yeah loads of times! Especially at gigs, or trips round London etc.
    Some of my most special friends have been ones I've met online (i do have other friends too mind you :P). It's great because since you don't see them so often it makes the time with them more special, plus since you met through the internet it generally means your interests perfectly match and you get along great

Only had 1 bad experience with a girl who lived 2 hours away, she was totally repulsive unlike her pictures, im not that shallow but even i was put off =/ but yeah generally it's great!
    I encourage it, broaden your horizons, never know what great people you can meet,and rely on in the future

ReputationRep:
    No, don't have anything planned at the moment. Although, I will most likely meet up with my mate in Norway sometime in the future. I consider him a friend even though I've never met the guy. I've spoken to him online for years, we've seen each other via webcam and have both used mics. I don't see what else there is in real life that is necessary before somebody can become a 'friend'?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, a few times.
    Nothing intimate though.

ReputationRep:
    No......that is a dangerous idea.....maybe I should try :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, quite a lot. I went to a festival on my own once, and camped with people I'd met on the festival's forums. Now I see them as often as I can, all over the country

ReputationRep:
    Some of my most interesting real life friends were met on the internet originally.

ReputationRep:
    na. Most of the people I talk to online are people I know in real life anyway.
    I have got a friend who I met in oxford last year (sutton trust), who I now keep in touch with online. Given the chance we would like to meet up. Kind of hard atm though (200 miles away). Just friends too lol (she has a bf anyway, who oddly enough was also from the sutton trust thing, and is also someone who I have kept in contact with).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.