Turn on thread page Beta

i cant remember if im still a virgin... watch

ReputationRep:
    I can only echo what everyone else has said.... You need to take the morning-after pill ASAP and go get an STI check.

ReputationRep:
    don't ask him, just say something like im glad we didnt have sex.. try trick him into truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saoirse)
    I don't like the smug self-satisfied tone you have here

Cut the OP some slack

We all make mistakes. You will someday, maybe not sexually, but you will make a bad choice at some stage in your life, cause your human. The OP did not set out to get absolutely wasted.
    Here here
    Take the advice given throughout the thread as regards pregnancy/STI testing and emergency contraception. Learn from this and move on- its all you can do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summertime_)
    i have never ever, and will never ever get so drunk that i cant remember what the hell i was doing. next time you get drunk, dont get so drunk that you cant keep your knickers on and a guy you hardly know ends up fingering you and possibly having taken your virginity.
    Amen, i'm with you. If noone actually has the grapes to be harsh and keeps telling her it's a minor mistake she'll only end up adding to the ranks of indecent girls.

ReputationRep:
    Please ignore all this rubbish about hymens, that's the 1800s definition of a virgin. If you can't remember you had sex, and you don't think of what happened as significant or meaningful, then you can call yourself a virgin if you want to. It's just a word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saoirse)
    I don't like the smug self-satisfied tone you have here

Cut the OP some slack

We all make mistakes. You will someday, maybe not sexually, but you will make a bad choice at some stage in your life, cause your human. The OP did not set out to get absolutely wasted.
    (Original post by Emmska)
    True, but if you were her would you do it again?
    You two, and other people can sit there and call me harsh and call me rude, send me bad reps and whatever, but at the end of the day, yeah I'm being harsh but it needs to be said. Shes a fifteen year old girl, got so drunk out of her face she doesnt know whether shes lost her virginity or not. She needs someone to give her the harsh and true reality that what she has done is not just a case of 'awww, go to the STI clinic and get the morning after pill'. It's also a case of telling her, straight and to the point that shes a fifteen year old girl, who should respect herself and her body and that next time she shouldn't be so bloody silly as to get her knickers off for someone so easily. I dont have any "smug self-satisfied tone", I'm just telling her straight how bloody stupid she has been to go out and do that. I've made lots of stupid mistakes but if people are just going to pussy-foot around you rather than telling you straight you will never learn. Yeah, she might not have set out to get absolutely wasted but the point is she did, and now look what has happened. I'm sorry but someone has to tell her, it's just me who chose to.

ReputationRep:
    You two, and other people can sit there and call me harsh and call me rude, send me bad reps and whatever, but at the end of the day, yeah I'm being harsh but it needs to be said. Shes a fifteen year old girl, got so drunk out of her face she doesnt know whether shes lost her virginity or not. She needs someone to give her the harsh and true reality that what she has done is not just a case of 'awww, go to the STI clinic and get the morning after pill'. It's also a case of telling her, straight and to the point that shes a fifteen year old girl, who should respect herself and her body and that next time she shouldn't be so bloody silly as to get her knickers off for someone so easily. I dont have any "smug self-satisfied tone", I'm just telling her straight how bloody stupid she has been to go out and do that. I've made lots of stupid mistakes but if people are just going to pussy-foot around you rather than telling you straight you will never learn. Yeah, she might not have set out to get absolutely wasted but the point is she did, and now look what has happened. I'm sorry but someone has to tell her, it's just me who chose to.
    I actually agree with you, but I doubt in the situation given that that's helping.

ReputationRep:
    Since you can't remember I wouldn't really count it to be a first time, even if you did had sex. Your first time is yet to come.

Go to a doctor though, explain the situation -don't worry doctors have heard worse than that- they can tell you if you are technically still a virgin or not. If not, get tested for STD.

Oh, and it doesn't sound to me as if he is on vacation. I think he was telling you "don't try to stay in touch with me, I'm not interested".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothingspek)
    I actually agree with you, but I doubt in the situation given that that's helping.
    Probably not, but it needs to be said and I really hope next time shes not so silly.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, but it needs to be said and I really hope next time shes not so silly.
    Sensing the tone in her posts, I don't think she will.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, grow up and realise you're not perfect. People like you are those who fall hardest but I suppose it will take that to make you realise that you are only human too.

She clearly regrets it and is worried. She doesn't need to hear how stupid she's been to learn from it.

ReputationRep:
    No, it goes without saying. She doesn't remember whether she had sex or not, so we can presume that she had little control over her actions. And not everyone who gets that drunk ends up having sex. Either way, she is asking for advice on how to deal with with the situation that she has got herself into, not a telling off; what's done is done.

ReputationRep:
    if its any consilation, i don't remember losing my virginity either lol

urm ok i know this thread has sort of turned into an argument between yourselves lol but i need some more advice.
    ok so i went and got the morning after pill and took it this morning so hopefully that'll be fine although i feel a bit sick now
    i've looked for the nearest GUM clinic but its in the hospital my aunt works in! so i cant go there incase she or one of her co-workers sees me and tells my mum. the other one is a half an hour drive away! what should i do? can you get tested at the doctors? because thats a 10 minute walk away.

and for those of you who are ****ging me off - i completely agree with you. i am well and truly ashamed of myself and i can assure you that i will not be doing this ever again. i didnt go the the party thinking 'im gonna get completely wasted and maybe have sex with a guy i hardly know.' but thats the way it happened and trust me if i could change it now i would. i appreciate you trying to tell me the truth but i know it already so its not worth arguing over it with the people who are trying to defend me (although i appreciate that as well).
    so unless anybody has a time machine, please stop arguing over whats right and wrong because i know what i did was wrong. ive done it now and i cant change that.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, these things happen in life. The people who are critisising you are probably the self righteous goody-two-shoes type. Its alright to have a bit of fun just be a bit more careful next time

anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anyone?
    Im sure you can get tested at the doctors
    and if not they can arrange for you to be treated somewhere else and advise you on transport etc. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    urm ok i know this thread has sort of turned into an argument between yourselves lol but i need some more advice.
    ok so i went and got the morning after pill and took it this morning so hopefully that'll be fine although i feel a bit sick now
    i've looked for the nearest GUM clinic but its in the hospital my aunt works in! so i cant go there incase she or one of her co-workers sees me and tells my mum. the other one is a half an hour drive away! what should i do? can you get tested at the doctors? because thats a 10 minute walk away.

and for those of you who are ****ging me off - i completely agree with you. i am well and truly ashamed of myself and i can assure you that i will not be doing this ever again. i didnt go the the party thinking 'im gonna get completely wasted and maybe have sex with a guy i hardly know.' but thats the way it happened and trust me if i could change it now i would. i appreciate you trying to tell me the truth but i know it already so its not worth arguing over it with the people who are trying to defend me (although i appreciate that as well).
    so unless anybody has a time machine, please stop arguing over whats right and wrong because i know what i did was wrong. ive done it now and i cant change that.
    Well Done on getting the morning after pill

First off, there's a thing called "doctor-patient" confidentiality. So your aunt really shouldn't tell your mum if she saw you, and quite often the GUM clinic is grouped in one part of the hospital, so it's unlikely you're going to be running all over doing different tests. It's unlikely you'll bump into your aunt. Do you have any friends who can drive, or relatives you trust? They could drive you to this other hospital? Also if your mum was to find out and throws a fit, remind her that what happened was a mistake, but at least you're taking steps to make sure you're safe from STD's and pregnency.

Personally, I don't think you should feel sluty. If you can't remember what happened, then it also means you probably didn't have much control over what you did. Mistakes like this happen, it's not like you're going out every night and sleeping with 6 different men.

Hopefully this guy will come back and tell you what's what

ReputationRep:
    The advice bit has been covered so i'm not going to waste your time saying it all over again as you have already said what you are going to do and its the wise choice.

What i will say however is that try and don't let this get to you too much. One mistake shouldn't predict a life time so if you don't want to do this again don't.

And ignore the harsh words your getting as chances are you are being your worst critic at the moment. Its not for people over the internet to judge let alone lecture.

Have a wonderful summer and i hope everything comes back ok =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur_de_haine)
    decide whether or not you still consider yourself a virgin as ultimately only you can make that call.
    Sorry, what the hell is this nonsense? You've either had a car parked in your garage or you haven't...

(Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Here here
    Where? :rolleyes:

OP, don't worry about being seen at the hospital by someone who may know you - doctors have more to worry about than that, and are bound by confidentiality anyway, so couldn't tell people you know even if they had seen you.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.